Just bought the Nokia 710

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Today my wife killed her HTC HD7 somehow someway which I'm still trying to figure out it took a dive in the hot tub she had it on the side and getting out of the tub she hit it and in it went one of my daughters said it was so funny seeing mom head dive after it but she was too slow. blah blah I think it was done deliberate..

Anyway went to t-mo web and said you want the radar or the 710 can't get the HD7 anymore.. no hesitation she said 710 black like on cue. Now she doesn't much do the web thing on mobile she is mostly calls and email and the texts from the kids but she likes the Nokia Drive. so I got it with the cheap $10.00 data service. with the unlimited calls and text.so if she wanted she could surf the net a little and have a good decent device.

So when it comes I'll download the maps viva WiFi here at the house for Nokia Drive and she will be good to go. I'm excited because I get to play with it somewhat. Oh the best part was I got the device free. because I added a new line...called in because I have the insurance on HD7 which they will replace and I'll keep that one and give my HD7 to my mom....I, think for the price I couldn't turn it down.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia will be great for her usage. The maps are like 1MB or something per state I heard, and if she doesn't stream video or anything it will be perfect. Also the backplates will ensure that her phone will stay fashionable.

Last edited:

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think that's the 200 MB plan.

250mb perfect for her. she makes calls all the time and text with the kids other than that she may look at email but that's rare for her to do so. She does use the Navigation though I bought her Turn by turn nav for the HD7 but with Nokia Drive that is something that she will use.. and the maps can be downloaded from the house WiFi.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
250mb perfect for her. she makes calls all the time and text with the kids other than that she may look at email but that's rare for her to do so. She does use the Navigation though I bought her Turn by turn nav for the HD7 but with Nokia Drive that is something that she will use.. and the maps can be downloaded from the house WiFi.

Ah, 250 MB. Not 200 MB. That's good to know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon