02-05-2012 02:40 PM
34 12
tools
    I had a nice experience at "MediaMarkt" yesterday.

I was there to buy a computer for my mother, but I sneaked by the phone-section while she was trying to understand what a trackpad is.

Anyways... I stood there for a while and a rep came to me... I just said "Uhm, do you have any windows phones?" and sounded as stupid as possible... I know they always have had Windows Phones on display, but they are never turned on so I usually plug in the charger and start them up. :D

To my surprise he said "Offcourse! We have both the Titan and the Radar available right now, but we're getting a really sweet Nokia-phone in a couple of weeks if you can wait.". I asked him to tell me a little more about these Nokia phones and he sounded quite interested himself... So I slapped out my Lumia 800 and he went "You *******! I've been eyeing them and waiting to try them..."

We talked a bit and he was genuinely interested in the system and asked a few questions... He then said "Well... I'm an Android guy right now, and Iphone is not an option... Maybe Windows Phone is."... We talked a bit more and then he said "It's weird that there aren't more people asking for Windows Phones seeing how fluid and smooth they are...". So it looks like the reps are getting their head turned around a bit... But public knowledge is still low.

I also told him about the sales incentives coming soon... And he said "Well... I work for the wrong company and will never see a penny..." :P

I was pleasently surprised!
    HeyCori and Winterfang like this.
    01-31-2012 11:45 AM
    I wish I could brag about my Windows Phone. But my crappy carrier never lets me, people often come to me and are like WOW cool phone! ( The Optimus 7 is quite a sexy beast) and they want me to show them to them but I don't even bother because I never have data connection or a conection so slow that it will just make them think that the phone is slow because it has windows on it.

When I get my Lumia 900 ( and dang it, T-mobile better get it ) I'll will shove it into people's face. Bing Vision alone has made people think my phone is a weird magical device from the future.
    01-31-2012 03:21 PM
    Just joined this forum cause I think WP will be my next phone come March 18. Anyway, just got back from the ATT store to finally play around on a titan and focus S and I think I'm going to like it. But when the sales guy comes out and I asked about the WP phone I think he said it was junk. really. Then I said why, cause of the apps? He said WP only had 75k, and quality wasn't there either. I said how many do you need? He said iphone had 750k or 10x more. What a tool. Good think I surf (or troll for a while) on WPCentral cause the average person won't even think about WP with that guy.
    speedtouch and Mokonoko like this.
    01-31-2012 07:43 PM
    Every topic on this forum of a new user has turn out like this. "So I got a new Windows phone and I miss _______".

Why does it have to be that way? Can we just have an OS that's on par with the other ones. If you recommend Windows Phone you recommend disappointment.
    That's going to happen with a different paradigm.

If someone uses a Windows Phone for a while and goes elsewhere, it's pretty much guaranteed they'll say the same thing.

"I bought a Nexus, but I miss the live tiles, local scout, etc..."
    "I bought an iPhone but I miss the people hub, xbox live, etc..."
    01-31-2012 08:10 PM
    I think we have to realize that Sales people are just pushing what their higher ups tell them to push.

A company is out to make as much profit as possible, they have to in order to survive. Right now phones such as the Galaxy Series, iPhone, and other Android behemoths sell more than Windows Phone, it's just pure fact. They were out in the market longer, so they have a bigger foothold. Windows Phone is not making as much profit for them as the others, so why sell it as well as the others? Just does not make business sense. Many of us have to realize there is a huge business sense to selling phones.

I my self am a Windows Phone owner with the HD7, I can say everything is great (much better than the previous Android I owned), so I am satisfied. But again, the companies need to sell whats popular in order to gain profit. It's up to Microsoft in all honesty to convince the companies that they should be selling their platform.

The future holds many interesting things for WP7, lets wait and see.
    01-31-2012 10:52 PM
    Just joined this forum cause I think WP will be my next phone come March 18. Anyway, just got back from the ATT store to finally play around on a titan and focus S and I think I'm going to like it. But when the sales guy comes out and I asked about the WP phone I think he said it was junk. really. Then I said why, cause of the apps? He said WP only had 75k, and quality wasn't there either. I said how many do you need? He said iphone had 750k or 10x more. What a tool. Good think I surf (or troll for a while) on WPCentral cause the average person won't even think about WP with that guy.
    People like that should be reported and fired imho... The customer should be allowed to build it's own usage profile and wishlist for a phone and not get something showed down their throat as soon as they walk in...
    02-01-2012 12:37 AM
    People like that should be reported and fired imho... The customer should be allowed to build it's own usage profile and wishlist for a phone and not get something showed down their throat as soon as they walk in...
    Unfortunately I'll doubt that'll happen as long as they're selling enough smartphones + two-year contracts.
    02-01-2012 01:32 AM
    Yeah I know... Companies are interested in cash, not people.
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    02-01-2012 05:38 AM
    Not exactly related to sales, but I was having an account issue after switching over to Rogers' micro-SIM. The account-rep asked what phone I use, and I told him "Lumia 710" and he said, "that's an excellent phone." I'm probably dead wrong, but could it be that the Nokia brand is having an effect on people's perceptions of WP?
    02-05-2012 02:40 PM
34 12