Rogers Nokia Lumia 710 working on Wind

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I would call and raise holy **** with them.

I just got off the phone with Fido Technical after getting my Caller Name Display disabled (my Caller ID now works with incoming Telus calls), and I made a point of bringing up my non-functional MMS (which they are more than happy to continue charging me for). I also made a point of saying it was my opinion that Fido was doing this intentionally to unlocked phones, as far as I'm concerned you are the proof of that, and you should lodge a complaint with the CRTC if they can't get it working.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
What's the price difference on the caller ID without name display. I read somewhere that it's actually more expensive somehow...

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even ask, the tech just said they were "turning it off". If they charge me more I'm going to be opening up a major can of whoop-***.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
To get my caller ID 'working' I had to cut out my value pack that included a bunch of things for $12, and now I'm paying $16-17 for like 2 features (out of the original 4-5 I had). So yea, it's a rip-off. That said, I know someone who also bought a Nokia Lumia 710 w/o contract, and then signed up for a lite plan with Rogers with no contractual obligations, just a tab. Everything for them - including name display - seems to be working fine.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I stopped into a Rogers store today. This particular store at the Lumia tagged at $354. (<-- not a typo) I wonder if that's why the ability to purchase it directly from the website has been taken down.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I stopped into a Rogers store today. This particular store at the Lumia tagged at $354. (<-- not a typo) I wonder if that's why the ability to purchase it directly from the website has been taken down.
I'll check my nearby Rogers stores, if it's gone up by $100 w/o contract, then could it mean that the phone is actually selling at a high rate?

geoken

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I would call and raise holy **** with them.

I just got off the phone with Fido Technical after getting my Caller Name Display disabled (my Caller ID now works with incoming Telus calls), and I made a point of bringing up my non-functional MMS (which they are more than happy to continue charging me for). I also made a point of saying it was my opinion that Fido was doing this intentionally to unlocked phones, as far as I'm concerned you are the proof of that, and you should lodge a complaint with the CRTC if they can't get it working.

MMS not working has nothing to do with Fido. You need to use the Nokia Network app so it can configure your APN settings for MMS.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
From the NokiaCanada Twitter Feed today:

Hi @RomanticComedy, Glad to hear you're loving your #Lumia710! Interchangeable back covers are coming soon. Stay tuned for more details!

Now if they'd just let us know if we were going to get different colours.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
More price checking! A new high! $379 at the Rogers store in the Millstream Plaza out in Colwood. Crazy!

Completely ignored by the staff in the store too, they were busy with customers, but not even an effort to acknowledge us. FAIL.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I called Fido and deactivated my "name display" function. They just deactivated it so the price doesn't change. Caller ID works fine now from all providers.

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I was just at a Superstore Mobile Centre and they have the Rogers 710 for $229 off-contract.

I saw that price at the Rogers where I got my Lumia 710 too but I think that price is only if u're a new Rogers customer (ie - new activation) or smth like that...cuz I ended up paying $255 for mine...which is still an awesome price

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
That is correct from what I have seen. A lot of Rogers Wireless stores around Toronto have it listed for 229 but if you talk to the employees there they say they add an extra $25 if you are buying it as is without an activation (or not a customer).

Though one time when I went to a store downtown one of the employees said he could give it to me without the extra $25 added but i wasn't sure if i wanted it at the time, and I haven't seen that guy in store since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786