Nokia Lumia 710 Battery Life Issue?

valith

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd say I'm in the light-mid usage range and it's been good enough for me so far. After a 9-10 hour work day I'm usually around 70% battery. That's with probably 30-40 texts, a dozen emails, a few hours of web browsing and reading twitter.

I don't do a lot of gaming or video watching, so that probably helps.

I've only had the phone for a few days, so I'm hoping it gets even better.

jlarkins08

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Knock on wood I'm happy I haven't any battery problems.. My battery last and by the end of my work day I have about 30% left on it.. So hopefully it continues to last.. I have the Nokia lumia 710 by the way.. :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

orOrion

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd say I'm in the light-mid usage range and it's been good enough for me so far. After a 9-10 hour work day I'm usually around 70% battery. That's with probably 30-40 texts, a dozen emails, a few hours of web browsing and reading twitter.

Having 70% left after 9-10 hours in amazing compared to what I'm seeing with mine. I don't think mine has lasted more than 9 hours yet. It can get down to 70% after a couple hours of almost no use. Maybe there is something wrong with mine.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Having 70% left after 9-10 hours in amazing compared to what I'm seeing with mine. I don't think mine has lasted more than 9 hours yet. It can get down to 70% after a couple hours of almost no use. Maybe there is something wrong with mine.

There's nothing wrong with yours. The Lumia 710 eats battery life like Cookie Monster eats cookies.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

Is the e-mail on push, and is this through WiFi all day? It just doesn't seem possible to have battery life like this on this phone, and because I've purchased mine outside of contract idk if T-Mobile will look at my Lumia to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. Starting to miss my Radar and it's great battery life...

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Battery life was low for the first week/week and a half, but as of the last 4-5 days it has been doing really well (21+ hrs!). No significant change in how I use the phone.

valith

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
12 hours into today and I'm at 65%. I only have push on one of my email accounts. If it makes a difference, I don't have Facebook.

I've heard that your mobile network will greatly affect battery life also and I get a really solid connection in my area.

To answer the other question, I turn WiFi and Bluetooth off at work.

It's definitely worse on battery life than my old BlackBerry, but I knew that going in. It hasn't disappointed me so far.

sahilverma

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,
I am totally new to thos forum..

I have bought the nokia lumia 710 and i live in india.. So there ia no carrier association out here

i have been following this thread since day one owning to get answers for my poor battery life..
I have till now not been able to get a backup of more than 7 hours which is quite diaguating when u have rs. 15000 handset..

@valith _- can you please confirm that you are actually getting such awesome backups.?

One more thing .. I keep using the nokia diagnostic tool, and in that the maximun charging capacity is currently showing as 1170mah where as i know my battery is a 1300 mah unit..
Can someone confirm about this also.

Leave the battery and it's one of the best devices that i have ever used.
And this ia the worst battery backup i have ever experienced

thanks in advance,
Sahil

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi speedtouch..!

How is ur lumia working on the battery part..??

thanks..

Not great. It lasts all day for my wife, but by the end of the night it's just got 25% battery left. I can't wait until Mugen, Seidio, or Anker produces a larger capacity battery for the Lumia 710.

sahilverma

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Even today i must say my battery lasted for not more than 5 hours
And that also with no bluetooth or wifi, with facebook chat also turned off i must say i am not satisfied with this performance..

And the end call bug is also irritating me alot.
Minimum thrice a day.

@Speedtouch what is the total battery capacity In you nokia diagnostic tool..??

Thanks
Sahil verma

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
And that also with no bluetooth or wifi, with facebook chat also turned off i must say i am not satisfied with this performance..

Minimum thrice a day.

Thanks
Sahil verma

Ouch, that doesn't sound good at all. I am sorry you keep having trouble with ending calls, we haven't had that trouble thankfully.

When I get home tonight I'll check the battery capacity for you.

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Usually Mugen/Seidio/Anker can squeeze in a couple hundred more mAh in the standard size battery. That way you don't have to buy a new back cover because of an oversized battery. They really do work.

Sorry, I'm a noob when coming to batteries and got a lil confused by your comment...do you mean that Mugen batteries are bigger than normal batteries? or they're the same size but can squeeze more mAh?

Whatever the case maybe, I'm hoping they come out w/ one for the 710 soon!

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Minimum thrice a day.

Thanks
Sahil verma

My total Battery capacity is 1295mAh in the diagnostic tool

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm a noob when coming to batteries and got a lil confused by your comment...do you mean that Mugen batteries are bigger than normal batteries? or they're the same size but can squeeze more mAh?

Whatever the case maybe, I'm hoping they come out w/ one for the 710 soon!

Mugen makes same-size batteries (but with a bit more mAh) and also oversized batteries (with TONS more mAh). I have confirmed with Mugen that they are absolutely working on a Lumia 710 battery that should be same-size with more mAh. So no need for a new back cover!

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Mugen makes same-size batteries (but with a bit more mAh) and also oversized batteries (with TONS more mAh). I have confirmed with Mugen that they are absolutely working on a Lumia 710 battery that should be same-size with more mAh. So no need for a new back cover!

Awesome! thanks for the clarification! Looking forward for the Mugen Battery!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb