Nokia Lumia 710 Battery Life Issue?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
OK so I got through my first typical 9-5 day with the 710 and I am pleased with the battery life compared to the HD7. I unplugged my phone from the charger around 8:30am this morning, did my usually daily things on the phone such as emailing (one email account set to sync every 30mins), texting, some surfing, facebook app, and a couple of short calls and by the time I got home around 5:30 the phone was still showing roughly 60%

allan2103

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
i have a nokia lumia 710 in brazil, i?ve bought it on launch, march 22nd, it was faulty so i received i new one from the store on march 23rd... it?s been four days with the phone now...

i?m taking it off the charger in the morning, around 7:15am, i?m using wifi all day long (at home and office) and when im out, i?ll go to 3g...

yesterday i had to charge it around 3 pm, since it was stating that its battery was TOO LOW...

now it?s showing up 94% and wrongly stimating that it was taken out of charge at 1 hour ago (i have turned it off and on again, so that maybe it)...

anyway, i have uninstalled NOKIA MUSIC, ESPN app, turned off background activities from App Highlights, have disconnected the Xbox Live thing (since i own a ps3), localization is on, since i really appreciate this gps features on smartphones...

i do have the facebook app installed (but i dont use it often) I have WLM account on (off course, today im using it on offline mode) and have facebook chat on, since they connect together i don?t see how can it affect much...

one thing i can?t turn off it the "news notifications" under contacts and under photos...

i have gmail syncing every 15min, hotmail every hour (and they?re not unified inboxes, both have the tile)... i have skype app (the beta, but it is there just when i need to call someone using data not voice - my data is cheaper)...

and i use IM+ with skype and google talk account on it on PUSH mode, wich works pretty well.

so, im just testing if my battery life lasts longer... i?ve heard that nokia is working on an update regarding battery life....

OK so I got through my first typical 9-5 day with the 710 and I am pleased with the battery life compared to the HD7. I unplugged my phone from the charger around 8:30am this morning, did my usually daily things on the phone such as emailing (one email account set to sync every 30mins), texting, some surfing, facebook app, and a couple of short calls and by the time I got home around 5:30 the phone was still showing roughly 60%

allan2103

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks, whenever I?m charging my 710 at night (before I go to sleep), when I wake up the phone is not showing 100% charge, to be precise, it is even saying it is "still" charging...

But I know, for a fact, that this phone charges pretty quickly, since sometimes I charge it in the afternoon.

Anyone else is seeing this?

Another thing, if I hook off the charger, and re-attach it, it doenst start do charge again, only if I wait a few seconds...

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is fairly impressive on my 710, 62% after 15 hours with H and WiFi activated with push set for every hour.

SidMenon

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Is it okay/normal that when i run the diagnostics app on my Lumia 710, it doesn't show the total battery capacity? It only shows the voltage and current battery discharge.

rnpereira

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I understand this and made sure I had used it first before making this statement. It takes awhile before the battery meter actually reads an accurate statement. The true statement won't come in until it's been used a while and gets a true estimate.

And you're right, I've seen it to where it will estimate I have like two hours left after playing a game, but then come back a half hour later and it'll say perhaps 8 hours. It's been a couple of days and it is still estimating 1 days 12 hours, whereas before it would estimate around 18 hours after being unplugged (this is a reading of just pulling it out of my pocket off the charger). I have also deleted the ESPN app that comes with it because it showed up in my Background Apps under the Advanced section of where I would have no control of turning it off. I opened the ESPN app and looked for a settings menu or something and found nothing, so to play it safe I deleted it (hardly use it anyway).
My ESPN app doesn't show on the background list. The ones I have listed are AccuWeather, App Highlights, Dictionary.com, Nokia Music and Tuneln Radio. They are on the advanced section. On the normal section are just the 2 first and App Highlight being deactivated.

I'm still finding a way to get more battery life. I'll test how long it can last without internet access, nor games or music. I want to check how long it last being only a cell phone. Has anyone tried this?

For the record my battery says that its max capacity is 1302 mAh. That on the Battery status. On the other hand, on the Detailed Battery Info i got a max capacity of 1339 mAh.
It's too few for a device designed to be used in so many ways. (cell phone, internet, radio, camera, video game).

I'll run this "solo cell phone" test this weekend. I let you guys know later.

Update: Checked battery info this morning, after charging at home, battery max capacity is 1453mAh. The previous one was after charging from the computer with the USB cable.

Last edited:

rnpereira

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with my battery. No internet, maybe 30 min of gaming, 20 minutes of phone calls, 5 sms. After 18h I've left 38% of battery. I really think I should have more. Or I am wrong?
How can you guys achieve more time using 3g? I'm jealous.

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Just wanted to let you all know that I did pickup the "2430 mAh High Capacity Battery" off ebay ( know it could not possibly be as advertised but was hoping maybe for a 1500 or something. Anyway it reports at 1278 mAh. Not a huge surprise bt wanted to mention it. I had also tried a 1500 mAh auction but same deal 1295 on that one. Not a huge deal because a spare battery for the price is not bad in case I run out will work with the quick boot up time on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea