Lumia 710 Prepaid

kwool

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was just stumbling around the T-Mobile site and found what looks to be the first prepaid option for Windows Phone! It's the Lumia 710, priced at $349, which is fairly steep, but of special note is a plan T-Mobile has available. Unlimited web and text + 100 minutes for $30/month.

When my contract is up with Sprint, I'll definitely be looking into this. Could this be a new trend for Windows Phone with the lower cost models coming out? I think it could help Microsoft break into new markets, as I know a lot of college students on Virgin and other prepaid carriers. As far as I know, this is the first prepaid option for Windows Phone so far in the United States.

Link! Nokia Lumia 710 | Prepaid Phone Details | T-Mobile

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
That's way, way, way too much for the Lumia. I got my wife a brand new Lumia 710 from Ebay for $290 with no tax and free shipping. You can activate it with the Monthly 4G $30 plan very easily. Just make sure you get a T-Mobile SIM Activation Kit. You can buy one from T-Mobile directly for $2.99 plus tax with free shipping, or just buy one from Ebay.

dos_attack

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
i got my Lumia from a T-Mobile store for $199.99.
The rep said that there was a "$150 off with qualifying kit/refill". i had to pay for a $50 loose activation kit, which brought the total (with taxes) to about $273 or so.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
i got my Lumia from a T-Mobile store for $199.99.
The rep said that there was a "$150 off with qualifying kit/refill". i had to pay for a $50 loose activation kit, which brought the total (with taxes) to about $273 or so.

Wow, that's an amazing deal. What's a loose activation kit? Never heard of that one. $273 for a new Lumia 710 and one month of service is excellent. I paid $290 for a new Lumia 710 and no service. Doh!

Edit: Since you're month-to-month, get your refill PIN codes from here: Calling Mart - T-Mobile Monthly Plan

Calling Mart is cheaper than buying from T-Mo or any other retail store, no taxes, and no shipping costs. Also, if you go to their Twitter account you can find coupon codes from 3-5% off. Right now they have a code going for 5% off. Keep in mind you'll have to jump through some hoops to get your account verified, but once you do it's smooth sailing. And your wallet will thank you.

Right now, by using Calling Mart, I'm paying about $93 a month for two lines on the $50 Monthly 4G plan.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre