Unlocking Lumia 710

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know a free or cheap way to unlock this phone? I just bought the phone and I am trying out T-Mobile prepaid. I don't like T-Mobile's coverage (half the time during my drive to work, I don't have a good enough signal to stream). I absolutely love this phone and instead of returning it, I would prefer to try out Straight Talk. It seems like your have to stay with T-Mobile for at least 60 days and have a balance of at least $10 30 days before you ask to unlock it (or something like that). This is based on what I read on their site regarding a phone bought from them for pre-paid. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. The phone is bad a$$ but the service stinks! Thanks guys (and ladies)!

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Best bet is to calll T-Mobile. They can unlock for free, usually will only do so once you have had the device for 3 months.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience will cellunlocker.net? It seems to be legit. They want something like 25 or 30 dollars. I'm thinking this might be a better option than ebay since this phone is pretty new...

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience will cellunlocker.net? It seems to be legit. They want something like 25 or 30 dollars. I'm thinking this might be a better option than ebay since this phone is pretty new...
Yeah I used them for my brother's 710, no issues with them but make sure you complete your transaction during business hours. We did it on a Friday night and didn't get the code until Saturday early morning! A friend of mine did his for the same phone and carrier Wednesday afternoon and got it within 2 hrs.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I used them for my brother's 710, no issues with them but make sure you complete your transaction during business hours. We did it on a Friday night and didn't get the code until Saturday early morning! A friend of mine did his for the same phone and carrier Wednesday afternoon and got it within 2 hrs.

Awesome. Thanks for the response. I think I am going to do that when this month is over and get Straight Talk. I have been hearing some good things about them lately (coverage and data speed, not customer service). It is a good thing this phone is pentaband.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It has been awhile since I have had a phone that uses a SIM card. Is the SIM considered a SIM card(mini SIM) or micro SIM card? It is the option for Straight Talk. I think it is micro SIM (smaller one) but wasn't sure.

Edit: just pulled the SIM card out and it has to be the micro. I can't imagine a smaller SIM card. Though this brings another issue. The Straight Talk website has you select whether your phone is an ATT or TMobile compatible phone. When I select T-Mobile, it only has the bigger SIM as an option. The ATT option shows both. Is there any possible difference between the SIM cards based on select ATT or T-Mobile?

Last edited:

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I used Cellunlocker.net to unlock my Lumia 710 and it worked great. It took a couple hours for the code to come in, but once it did it worked perfectly. It cost me $17 to unlock it.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
It has been awhile since I have had a phone that uses a SIM card. Is the SIM considered a SIM card(mini SIM) or micro SIM card? It is the option for Straight Talk. I think it is micro SIM (smaller one) but wasn't sure.

Edit: just pulled the SIM card out and it has to be the micro. I can't imagine a smaller SIM card. Though this brings another issue. The Straight Talk website has you select whether your phone is an ATT or TMobile compatible phone. When I select T-Mobile, it only has the bigger SIM as an option. The ATT option shows both. Is there any possible difference between the SIM cards based on select ATT or T-Mobile?

I'm not sure, actually. But if they give you a full size SIM, you can always cut it with a knife so that it fits your phone.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I used Cellunlocker.net to unlock my Lumia 710 and it worked great. It took a couple hours for the code to come in, but once it did it worked perfectly. It cost me $17 to unlock it.

You can cut SIM cards to micro size with a SIM cutter, ebay has SIM cutters for a few dollars.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to add that i went with Cellunlocker.net and it took about 3 hours to get my code last night. Worked without any problem.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just thought of another question:

Lets say you unlock a phone. Now, does it stay unlocked no matter what company you bring it to? Also, would it be pretty painless to switch between 2 companies (back and forth during the same month)? Thanks!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Just thought of another question:

Lets say you unlock a phone. Now, does it stay unlocked no matter what company you bring it to? Also, would it be pretty painless to switch between 2 companies (back and forth during the same month)? Thanks!

Yes, it stays unlocked forever. Unless you issue the lock command. I don't know what that would be, but the cell unlocker company you buy your code from would know it, most likely.

I'm not so sure on your second question. I have read on these forums people having trouble bouncing back and forth from ATT and T-Mo using an unlocked phone.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it stays unlocked forever. Unless you issue the lock command. I don't know what that would be, but the cell unlocker company you buy your code from would know it, most likely.

I'm not so sure on your second question. I have read on these forums people having trouble bouncing back and forth from ATT and T-Mo using an unlocked phone.

Thanks. I was planning on switching between T-Mobile and Straight Talk to see if the coverage and speed is better in a couple key places.

schiri

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
OK I just received the unlock code from TMO and followed the step-by-step instructions provided. (I've done this numerous times before on BlackBerrys)

After I entered the provided 8 digit unlock code and hit "enter" however I did NOT see the "PIN accepted" message flash up on the screen.

Other than sticking another carriers sim card in my Lumia is there another way to verify that my Lumia 710 is indeed unlocked?

On BBs you could dig into the options -status screen - and see that you had indeed unlocked it. I don't see how there is a way to do that on my Lumia.

TIA

Jellyfrog

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've tried many methods with my Vodafone 710 and none have worked. Independant U lockers in my town are quoting ?40-60 due to SL3? software making it difficult to unlock :/

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I had to use the rom flashing method to unlock mine since none of the online solutions were able to provide a code.

It did scare me a bit because at one point you had to plug the phone into the computer in some sort of admin mode or something for the program to detect (in order to flash the rom), but for some weird reason a couple seconds later (i would say 15 to 30) it would AUTOMATICALLY revert back to phone mode, Zune starts loading up and the flashing program did NOT detect the phone anymore.....

and it ALWAYS did this.

It was so annoying because i was afraid it would just autochange modes in the middle of flashing and completely screw things up. Luckily the actual flashing took like 1 or 2 seconds so there was actually plenty of time between the phone being in its admin mode and automatically changing back to its regular phone mode.....

myfriend 123

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know a free or cheap way to unlock this phone? I just bought the phone and I am trying out T-Mobile prepaid. I don't like T-Mobile's coverage (half the time during my drive to work, I don't have a good enough signal to stream). I absolutely love this phone and instead of returning it, I would prefer to try out Straight Talk. It seems like your have to stay with T-Mobile for at least 60 days and have a balance of at least $10 30 days before you ask to unlock it (or something like that). This is based on what I read on their site regarding a phone bought from them for pre-paid. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. The phone is bad a$$ but the service stinks! Thanks guys (and ladies)!

To unlock your Nokia Lumia 710, use unlcok code . you can get it from any of the online vendors like SimpleUnlocking.com to unlock it .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb