Lumia 710 Audio Problems?

TheBaobab

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm currently considering purchasing my first Windows Phone, a Lumia 710 on a T-Mobile prepaid plan. After reading a gazillion reviews (mostly all positive) I think the phone will be perfect for me but I found one or two references to an audio problem that seems to affect the quality of the output of the 710 and 800. Using my smartphone as a personal media player is very important to me, probably one of my top 3 requirements for a phone, and so I wanted to ask you guys if anyone is familiar with this issue at all. I don't expect audiophile quality sound but it sounds like the issue involves the phone being woefully lacking in bass to an unacceptable level. Any information that you could give me would be really appreciated, thanks so much!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm currently considering purchasing my first Windows Phone, a Lumia 710 on a T-Mobile prepaid plan. After reading a gazillion reviews (mostly all positive) I think the phone will be perfect for me but I found one or two references to an audio problem that seems to affect the quality of the output of the 710 and 800. Using my smartphone as a personal media player is very important to me, probably one of my top 3 requirements for a phone, and so I wanted to ask you guys if anyone is familiar with this issue at all. I don't expect audiophile quality sound but it sounds like the issue involves the phone being woefully lacking in bass to an unacceptable level. Any information that you could give me would be really appreciated, thanks so much!
I have used TuneIn Radio and Spotify with the sound going to my car speakers. To me, it sounded pretty good. Absolutely no complaints from me as to that. I have some nice Klipsch headphones I'll try out with this phone sometime soon.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The 710 is an excellent choice. I think you'll like it and the Monthly 4G plan at T-Mobile. My wife uses her 710 as a media player when running and working out, she's had no complaints whatsoever about the audio quality. I haven't used her phone to play music, so I am not sure how the bass is. Since you're going to go with the Monthly 4G plan, make sure to check out Calling Mart to purchase refill PIN numbers. You can get refill PINs for a good bit cheaper than what you would pay T-Mobile. Oh, and if you go by CM's Twitter page, you can often find coupon codes for 3-5% off your purchase. Pretty sweet! Keep in mind the account verification process CM does is quite cumbersome. But once you're verified it's smooth sailing.

Calling Mart - T-Mobile Monthly Plan

TheBaobab

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for the replies, I think I'll be picking one up before the end of the month. My Optimus V has served me well but I've been dying to make the switch to Windows Phone for a while now. Thanks for the info (and the Calling Mart tip!)!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for the replies, I think I'll be picking one up before the end of the month. My Optimus V has served me well but I've been dying to make the switch to Windows Phone for a while now. Thanks for the info (and the Calling Mart tip!)!

I had the Optimus V in the past (currently have Optimus Slider and Lumia 710), and loved it because while it wasn't that fast, it almost always just worked, plus it had a huge following. Once you start using the Lumia though, you will never go back. It is so smooth and everything feels right. I am hoping that with all these Lumia 710s being sold, it will also have a large developer following like the Optimus does/did.

TheBaobab

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
One of the things that drew me to the Optimus was how much love it got from the community considering it wasn't a super high-end phone. I'm sure I'll miss it but the whole Lumia line is just gorgeous and from what I can tell very well designed. Plus, a 3.2-inch screen can be tough to work with at times!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
One of the things that drew me to the Optimus was how much love it got from the community considering it wasn't a super high-end phone. I'm sure I'll miss it but the whole Lumia line is just gorgeous and from what I can tell very well designed. Plus, a 3.2-inch screen can be tough to work with at times!

Def.! I think 4" screen is just about right for surfing on the internet, though 3.7" does pretty well also. Are you trying to get away from Virgin Mobile? I'm still grandfathered into the $25 plan but it is starting to seem like it is the red-headed step-child of Sprint. It doesn't get many new phones, no updates, and for me, the data speeds were slowing down for me.

TheBaobab

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy enough with Virgin Mobile but their phone selection has really been lacking and being stuck on Froyo is just silly. I'm on the $35 plan which is a good deal but more than anything I wanted a No Contract Windows Phone and they don't seem like they will be getting anything compelling any time soon so I decided to head to T-Mobile. It's a bit expensive up front but I'm okay with that if the phone is quality.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The latest 800 update has apparently fixed the audio issues (which I addressed in my 710 review) so I expect the 710 to eventually get the update and increase the bass sound.

TheBaobab

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well that's good news. How bad do you think the sound is now? Should I wait for the update before I buy the phone or will it be good enough in the meantime? Also, do you have a guess as to how long it might take them to roll out the update? Thanks a lot for your reply!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

You're welcome! Like I said, the verification process with CM is very clunky. But just work through it, it's worth it when you consider the money you're going to save when compared to buying refills from T-Mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion