Hey,
    So few days ago I received a nokia 710... I was waiting for tmobile activation kit to turn it on.

When I turn it on for the first time it all worked fine then when i turned the screen of I could never turn it back on.

The 3 bottom buttons would lit and that's all but the screen would never turn on.

After waiting like 30mins or so and I pressed the power button it worked again... for few minutes and then the screen would not turn on or the system won't respond...

I got my phone from amazon wireless and i will be exchanging it for new one.

I thougght that nokias are good phones :( kind of a bummer experience with nokia after 10 years
    03-07-2012 09:28 PM
    Are you sure its charged? If it sat there a few days it may be out of juice.

Also remove the battery or hold the power button for 10+ seconds will allow you to power cycle the device and see if that fixes the problem.

I think you will find Nokia quite reliable but they are not 100% perfect and a few devices will have issues.
    03-08-2012 07:00 AM
    Sorry to hear you received a bad phone. Unfortunately once the screen hibernates only the power button will bring it back, the three function / home keys at the bottom will not wake the screen. Unfortunately bad phones make it through the QA process of most companies. If it helps this is really the first post I've seen talking about any real or serious problem with the 710. I would feel confident that your replacement will work without problem.
    03-08-2012 07:09 AM
    I'm waiting for new replacement from amazon wireless.... It should arrive tomorrow.

Yes it was charged to up 30% which is enough to have it worked
    03-08-2012 12:46 PM
    OK so today i received a replacement from amazon and the phone works as expected....

No issues nothing. The phone is great my sister loves it ;)
    03-09-2012 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD