07-30-2013 06:05 AM
32 12
tools
    Does anyone from the U.K know where to buy a genuine battery and save a couple of quid over going to the Nokia store?

I notice Argos are selling them (but for 34.99 sadly) and even they actually have a picture of a fake battery rather than the genuine thing. What a shame buying a battery is so difficult.

What do people do when they are out and about? I'm home and by mid evening I'm charging the phone. If I was at a friends house, I'd be sat holding a phone with no life left in it.

It's a real shame Nokia crippled this phone to some degree by saving a couple of quid on the battery.
    08-30-2012 01:28 AM
    Well after me talking about the poor battery life, something odd happened.

Charged my phone the other day, have taken it out and about and use it much more than I normally do - and at the moment it has been on for 1 day 12 hours, is at 27% battery and has 3 hours charge left!

Not quite sure what has happened for it to suddenly last so long, as usually I need to charge it every 24 hours without fail.
    08-31-2012 05:12 AM
    Click to view quoted image
    -photo from xda forums.

I recently bought a Nokia BP-4L battery from Expansys, after hearing that it was able to squeeze into position with some tweaking. I can confirm it does work, but when I look at the Nokia diagnostics tool, it only shows the full capacity charge to be 1331mAh, when the BP-4L should be a 1500mAh. Only genuine batteries are sold by Expansys, so i'm a little confused as to why it doesn't show a bigger capacity.

But, as for working... it works. Hopefully, after a week or 2, I should see the capacity increase.
    Maybe the software is written to only register 1300 in that specific model?
    09-13-2012 02:04 PM
    how do you measure battery life in mAh is there any application that tells you how much is it charged?????
    11-28-2012 03:31 AM
    Does the Tango update have an impact on the battery (in a good way)?
    12-27-2012 11:14 PM
    It's a shame Nokia doesn't sell items on their site.
    That, and that they do not have a better system for spotting fakes. It really is a head scratcher as to the way they have addressed it.

Although they are all being manufactured in China these days. So it really comes down to quality control. This is actually an OEM for many phone makers, that simply started selling their own. But they are still hit or miss. I have no experience, but you can find some positive experiences, online. Not a bad chance bet for $8.

And the manufacturers are really doing the consumer a disservice in understating the conditioning factor of Li-ion batteries. After the initial conditioning period they benefit from being charged at different intervals- i.e. partial discharges, for around a month or so if you charge everyday. Then you want to go back to using your device until it is almost completely discharged before charging again.

That is all done so you simply get an accurate gauge by the phone itself, as to how much battery life is left.

But almost everyone is going to see better life after a period of time. And you can do something to get a more accurate gauge by the phone itself. So don't panic. The 710 isn't nearly as bad as some reviews are saying it is. I actually love the thing and get around two days out of a charge.
    01-02-2013 07:32 PM
    Horrible battery!! if you leave the phone idle then also it gets drained out in 7-8 hours..and I have got the same feedback from couple of other users as well. Using Whatsapp or any other chatting software will eat the battery in no time. Very disappointing!
    07-30-2013 06:05 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD