Anybody have scratches yet?

USP45

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't; but, don't want to learn the hard way that I should have bought a screen protector. So far the screen has been pretty flawless. It seems pretty tough. And I don't keep anything in the same pocket as the device.

Follow-up: if you do use a screen protector, which do you use? If you don't also chime up so we can get a good feel for how many people go "naked."

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Screen Protector: Yes
Type: Zagg
Scratches detected before Screen Protector: No
Length before Protector: 1.5 months

I put the screen protector on more to help keep the screen clean than due to scratches.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I put a screen protector on day one. Rather be safe than sorry. I applied it in the T-Mobile store and used the T-Mobile brand protector. No scratches to the screen obviously but also none to the body. The gloss white is quite durable.

Stormjenkins

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I had a screen protector on from when I bought the phone and kept it on for about a month. Then I saw a couple of friends' phones (not lumias) that also have the gorilla glass and they were VERY nice looking, with no noticable scratches after a year with NO screen protector. So I decided to take mine off, and has stayed off since. I have no scratches and keep it in my jeans pocket by itself. However, the gorilla glass gets smudges really easy and quick, so if you don't like wiping it down alot then I would recommend putting a screen protector on it.

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector, 1 scratch. No idea what caused it: I tend to think of Gorilla Glass as pretty immune to scratches. My previous phone, a Vibrant, also had Gorilla Glass and I didn't use a screen protector on that, and it was about a year and 3 months, and I got one ding right in the center. Otherwise, the surface is still flawless. Really irritated that I got this single scratch on my Lumia, and after owning the phone for a mere 3 weeks as well. But apart from that one, it's flawless, and I don't really notice it unless I get the screen spotless, which as you've probably noticed is damn hard.

bizfox7

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I had T-Mobile apply a Zagg Dry Shield on mine a few days after I purchased it. Didn't like it at all. I switched to Phantomskinz and am still using that screen protector to this day. Gorilla glass or otherwise, I always use a screen protector as my earrings will most likely scratch the screen over time. Before I had the Zagg applied, I just used the speakerphone for calls haha. I'm pretty OCD about my phones....

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't have scratches on mine. No screen protector. I do put my phone in my pocket, which has coins and other junk that guys usually carries in their pants pockets. I guess I'm lucky.

RockStarNinja

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I always use Invisible Shield! I started using it a couple years ago when I first got a touch screen and after a few weeks I dropped it one the floor and it scrapped a chunk out of the IS (I was naturally a little upset about this becasue they're supposed to be impervious to just about anything). I thought I'd cracked the screen but left the IS on a few more days until I could get another sheet, when I pulled off the broken IS I found that the screen didn't have a scratch on it, since then I only use Invisible Shield. (They don't make many specific ones, but Best Buy always has a few styles getting clearanced out so I like to get one that's got a bigger size than whatever I need so I can cut it down. It's cheaper to spend the $6 or $7 doing it that way than spending $20 on the universal sheet and you get the same result.)

Captain Primus

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
No scratches and no screen protector.

I do seem to be getting an annoying line of dust in the small gap between the screen and the body. Just been using a piece of paper to clean it out but it's a bit of a pain and i don't want to push it deeper in. Anyone any tips on cleaning this part of the device?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99