Nokia Care Suite 5.0 interrupted before could complete....?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried to install Nokia Care Suite to debrand their T-Mobile Lumia 710 and gotten the error that "the wizard was interrupted before it could complete....."? How did you fix it?

I've tried on a Windows 7 PC and laptop....both 64 bit....

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried to install Nokia Care Suite to debrand their T-Mobile Lumia 710 and gotten the error that "the wizard was interrupted before it could complete....."? How did you fix it?

I've tried on a Windows 7 PC and laptop....both 64 bit....

Where do you get that? I'll give it a go.

Update: I got it installed on Windows 8 64-bit. It doesn't seem to do anything when I plugged my phone in. I then read this on a site: "Start Care Suite PST 5.0 first, then connect Lumia Series Devices. Do not start PST 5.0 with Lumia Devices already connected. This may result in device detection / phone information reading failure. If this happens, you need to change the device to a new USB port, device detection and information reading will fail if device is connected to the same connection.
FLS-5 Drivers included in the installation package do not support 64-bit WIndows operating systems. Therefore Care Suite PST can not be used for servicing phones which use FLS-5 (USB_FBUS) connection."

I'm guessing that this means it is going to be best to try it on a 32-bit system...

Last edited:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies, but I only have a 64-bit system. I will try it on my wife's xp laptop and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the replies.
You have made me very curious. I think I may install windows 7 32-bit on a new partition and see if I can get it to work...

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Can't seem to get it working on Windows 7 32-bit...It wouldn't surprise me i I did something wrong but who knows. Good luck on XP.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Can't seem to get it working on Windows 7 32-bit...It wouldn't surprise me i I did something wrong but who knows. Good luck on XP.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Thanks, but can't get it working on anything at all. My wife's laptop with XP gives the same exact error, and both my 64-bit Windows 7 machines crap out as well wit the same error. Is there any other way to get this update forced and for me to debrand my Lumia 710?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
The solution is to change administrator settings. During the installation you will find a popup asking to change administrator setting. I have it installed.

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
There is no option to change administrative privileges. During installation you can only choose grant permission or no and then you get the same message, installation has been interrupted. I also have this problem and nothing i do seems to work.

WalkerHall

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I am using Windows 8 32 bit. I had the same error and got the program to install by right clicking the install file and selecting Troubleshoot Compatibility. It will run through a test and then launch the install shield program. Takes a few minutes but it installed and worked for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo