WiFi connection problems?

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
This is becoming more frequent on my Lumia 710, You wake the phone from sleep, it sits trying to connect to WiFi for a few moments then gives up. You can go in and select it and it will try and connect again but same issue, I have tried turning off and on but no good, it will eventually connect again when it feels like it but you can't force it. Anyone else have this issue?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually had a REp at rogers telling me he had allot of complaints about that problem.

hopefully NOKIA will come out with a fix in TANGO or before.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced that problem with the Lumia 710. What version of WP7 do you have and what wireless router do you have?

I'm on 7740 with a TRENDnet TEW-639GR.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Could it maybe have something to do with ip address? Maybe the phone first gets an IP then always attempts to use that same IP when it wakes up. If some other device has claimed that IP from the router while your phone was sleeping, that would cause connection issues. I've had this with android devices before. I'm really not sure how WP7 workers though so this may not even be a possibility...

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone isn't a 710, it's a 900 but it's my second one. My first had a big problem with wifi. It would connect, work for a while then just stall. The OS would think I was still connected so everything just sat there, doing squat. Exchanged for another 900 and this one is perfect. No problems at all. Exchange your phone if you can. It's a strong possiblity the hardware is faulty.
-joe-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium