Nokia Drive giving position slightly off for anyone else?

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
So I've been using Nokia Drive as my primary GPS for 3 or 4 weeks. Mostly, it's great, but I've noticed, primarily when driving west or south, that the GPS seems to be locating me a little bit too far to the right. Drive will think I've made a right turn repeatedly or taken an off ramp when I haven't, basically either the GPS is reporting my position a little bit too far northwest, or the maps used for Drive are just a little bit inaccurate. It's not consistent everywhere, but I'll see the same effect in the same spots that I drive repeatedly. Has anyone else seen this? Do I potentially have a bad GPS chip, or is this something that may be fixed with a map update?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
We haven't used my wife's 710 with Nokia Drive that much, but each time we have used it we've never had any trouble like that. It works well for us every time.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Drive on the lumia 710 for quite some time now, and I haven't run into any issues. It's not always 100% accurate, but still in the 10m precision range of GPS. Try using another app like Nokia Maps or Bing Maps to make sure that it's not hardware related. If you notice that the other apps are more accurate (Bing does turn by turn, you just have to touch the screen to get the next direction), uninstall Drive and then reinstall it, and see if the problem is solved :)

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I must admit I just use my TouchPro2 and Garmin XT as it has all speed camera's, traffic updates, re-routing etc... but I'll use my Lumia to go to work tonight and see if it has any issues.

:)

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
After a bit more playing around with it, it seems likely the problem is caused by the maps for my area themselves being a bit inaccurate, rather than the phone. Annoying, but I'm not sure if there's much can be done to fix it.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Tested this for you before, no problems, weird how your maps are slightly off, maybe contact Nokia and let them know??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos