New user frustrations with copying contact numbers

redgt_3000

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I am struggling to copy the phone numbers off my old mobile onto my new Lumia. When I activate bluetooth on both phones to do the transfer, the phones recognise each other ok but the Lumia keeps failing and saying that my old Samsung is not supported. It's a Samsung Monte model, if that makes any difference.

I have also copied all the contact numbers into Windows Live to see if that method works, but I still cannot for the life of me work out how to get the numbers onto the Lumia. It's doing my head in!

Somebody please help, otherwise the phone is going back to T-Mobile! :~)

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I had an old Nokia 6300 with the same problem. What I did was copy all the contacts to the old phone (leaving nothing on the old sim). Then I put the MICROSIM into my old phone (you just have to make sure that the microsim is put the right way so that the phone can recognize it) and copied everything from the phone to the microsim, then i put the microsim in the lumia 710, clicked on copy contacts from sim in settings and everything went great :)

redgt_3000

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I had an old Nokia 6300 with the same problem. What I did was copy all the contacts to the old phone (leaving nothing on the old sim). Then I put the MICROSIM into my old phone (you just have to make sure that the microsim is put the right way so that the phone can recognize it) and copied everything from the phone to the microsim, then i put the microsim in the lumia 710, clicked on copy contacts from sim in settings and everything went great :)

Thanks for that. I did try that method earlier today and failed, but have just tried again and it was successful! :cool: Cheers.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got it working. For the future, Windows Live only syncs contacts after you have done a mail sync with the same account. So if your mail I not set to auto sync, you may have to manually sync once to get changes to move from the Cloud to your device.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99