...over the weekend truly gave me a greater appreciation for this lil guy. I really loved seeing it on the table, seeing that slightly tinted display, the design which is iconic nokia IMO is suberb and I really like the physical keys as well. Overall, I find it to be a more desirable device compared to the nokia lumia 900 and one I would be proud to own!

-From a happy Focus S user
    05-14-2012 12:00 PM
    Yea I like my 710. There are a few things I miss from my old Radar (, but others I love that I wished the Radar had (better screen, call quality, loud speakerphone). Its a good enough phone for me to use on Tmobile prepaid and straight talk prepaid to hold out signing until higher end phones come out.
    05-14-2012 12:59 PM
    Best part is that it supports both AT&T and T-Mobile 3G/HSPA+ bands...only WP I know of that does. It'll be my WP of choice until a newer (hopefully higher end) device does as well.

I will say though that I sorely miss my Radar, that was probably the best feeling phone I've ever owned, solid as a rock...and I'm partial to capacitive buttons too=/
    05-15-2012 12:09 AM
    I have had my Nokia 710 for almost a month now and I love it! A guy at work has the Radar and I really like that one too. When I was at T-Mobile deciding which one to buy, it came down to price. The Nokia was free and the Radar was $149. I went with free and I am not disappointed!
    infamousdaveman likes this.
    05-15-2012 07:00 AM
    Best part is that it supports both AT&T and T-Mobile 3G/HSPA+ bands...only WP I know of that does. It'll be my WP of choice until a newer (hopefully higher end) device does as well.

I will say though that I sorely miss my Radar, that was probably the best feeling phone I've ever owned, solid as a rock...and I'm partial to capacitive buttons too=/
    radar 4g has att 3g bands too
    05-15-2012 11:58 AM
    radar 4g has att 3g bands too
    It does not have 850/1900 MHz HSDPA bands which are required for AT&T 3G/HSPA+. The only way it might work I guess is if AT&T 3G operates in the 2100MHz frequency in your area, but I can't say I've heard much about that...

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_radar-4131.php
    05-15-2012 12:42 PM

You know, I really liked the Radar too. I went to one of the Windows Phone Inner Circle parties last year and got hands on with all the devices and if my wife was partial to it, we would have been rocking them too! (Nokia 710 wasnt available yet) But she fell in love with the Samsung Focus S and well, so did I. Have you seen the international radar? In Gun MEtal gray I believe? I really like the look of that one and a part of me has always toyed with importing one in, but I cant lose the hspa speeds if it doesnt support em but its great to know the Nokia does! :D
    05-16-2012 03:49 PM
    It does not have 850/1900 MHz HSDPA bands which are required for AT&T 3G/HSPA+. The only way it might work I guess is if AT&T 3G operates in the 2100MHz frequency in your area, but I can't say I've heard much about that...

HTC Radar - Full phone specifications
    the tmobile 4g version has the required bands... you are talking about the european version!

HTC Radar

GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/ 1900, UMTS 1700/2100/ AWS, UMTS 2100, 1900, 850
    05-16-2012 07:02 PM

HTC Radar - Full phone specifications
    The Sasktel (Canadian carrier) Radar has 850/1900 and can be purchased off-contract for $370 CAD.
    05-16-2012 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD