Tango Update

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia site says that the update for the 710 on Rogers is now available.
I have a Lumia 710 that I bought from Rogers, but I unlocked it and I'm using it on Fido. Will I still get the update from Rogers?
Right now my phone and Zune aren't saying anything about an update.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia site says that the update for the 710 on Rogers is now available.
I have a Lumia 710 that I bought from Rogers, but I unlocked it and I'm using it on Fido. Will I still get the update from Rogers?
Right now my phone and Zune aren't saying anything about an update.

Yes, your update will come from Rogers.

whereismyupdate

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't be arsed messing around with the phone and Zune anymore......

If this update, the functionality of which should have shipped WITH the phone, isn't here by Friday then the device is going back to the shop.

If they won't give me my money back, I'll stomp on the stupid thing and leave it in the shop anyway.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The update trick wasn't working for me yesterday, but I tried it today and the updates are coming through.

I had to do it each time for each update though.

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully someone more tech-wise can explain this to me. If T-Mobile is saying that you can do the Tango update, why is my firmware holding me back until at least August 1st when it comes from Microsoft? This seems really weird to me that my carrier has to approve it, but it comes from Microsoft??? All I want is Tango so my keyboard stops going away without potentially missing more updates and/or risk voiding my warranty.

I finally got the update trick to work. I realize it's pretty lucky to disconnect at the right time, but at least the first update is the disappearing keyboard, which I can live without the rest until Microsoft updates me August 1st or later (according the TMobile support). That said, I'm of course going to try to get the rest of the updates in hopes I can get my wife to leave her iPhone behind in 10 months.

Last edited:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Two 710s in my household, both are still on 7740. It would be nice to know where I am in the update queue...

Your phone will notify you.

Just make sure you have "Notify me when new updates are found" in the Phone Update section of Settings. And if you don't mind it using a little 3G/4G data, put a check on "Use cellular data..." as well.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
anyone having trouble with updating? Getting an error code...

If it is the one saying it can't check for updates right now, then you simply didn't disconnect the internet at the right moment. If you want this trick to work you'll have to try again and again. It's a small window to hit, somewhere between 1 and 3 seconds. I noticed that it's rather random luck to hit it the right exact time: first update was about 2, second and last just over a second. Just keep trying, it'll work.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Still no update here (710, Tmo, US). I meant to do the trick to force it to appear but I'm actually curious to know when it will appear if I let it appear on its own.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If it is the one saying it can't check for updates right now, then you simply didn't disconnect the internet at the right moment. If you want this trick to work you'll have to try again and again. It's a small window to hit, somewhere between 1 and 3 seconds. I noticed that it's rather random luck to hit it the right exact time: first update was about 2, second and last just over a second. Just keep trying, it'll work.

its not the internet. I was capable of updating to 8112, but I can't update to 8773 because I get error code 80070017. Any advice? I've attempted formatting and a couple tricks, but they haven't worked.

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Still have not had the update show up for me. Rogers 710 unlocked...Zune says it is up to date still...any ideas? Is it possible that it is normal to take this long to get the notification? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05