Tango Update

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Still have not had the update show up for me. Rogers 710 unlocked...Zune says it is up to date still...any ideas? Is it possible that it is normal to take this long to get the notification? Thanks

Same here, haven't gotten my update from Rogers yet...eagerly waiting as each day passes by

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Same here, haven't gotten my update from Rogers yet...eagerly waiting as each day passes by

I was able to get my phone to update using the "trick" that gets you to:

1) turn off WiFi and cell data in the phone
2) plug the phone into the PC using USB
3) open Zune if it did not auto load.
4) click on update and 2 or 3 seconds after you click update either unplug your Ethernet cable or disable your connection.
5) Zune will detect an update 8112 most likely.
6) reconnect your internet or enable it
7) click update now and wait for the first update to finish.
8) repeat steps 4-7 and you will get update tango update.

It does work but timing is everything. If tour too fast to drop your connection you will get an error and if ur too slow you will get the "your phone is up to date" msg. But it does work. Just remember to re-enable your data on the phone after the update so everything works. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get my phone to update using the "trick" that gets you to:

1) turn off WiFi and cell data in the phone
2) plug the phone into the PC using USB
3) open Zune if it did not auto load.
4) click on update and 2 or 3 seconds after you click update either unplug your Ethernet cable or disable your connection.
5) Zune will detect an update 8112 most likely.
6) reconnect your internet or enable it
7) click update now and wait for the first update to finish.
8) repeat steps 4-7 and you will get update tango update.

It does work but timing is everything. If tour too fast to drop your connection you will get an error and if ur too slow you will get the "your phone is up to date" msg. But it does work. Just remember to re-enable your data on the phone after the update so everything works. Hope this helps.

I couldn't wait anymore so I used the trick. Works great!

It didn't work at first because I didn't remember to re-connect your internet connection. :blush:

Best timing to disconnect connection for me was to wait for the progress bar to be full and then disconnect right away (but not lightning fast).

elgerol

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
i workedfor me (telcel)

i had to force the firmware update, after several attemps it worked, and the phone its working fine, i already tested the internet thetering and its also working fine, some new features on nokia drive also, my carrier its telcel in mexico.

saludos!!

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I just updated my T-Mobile Lumia 710 from 7440 to 8107 then 8773 then Nokia Windows Phone Update. I had to pull the trick for 8107 and 8773. The Nokia update came right after 8773 automatically.

For those who are not getting any luck with the trick above, I tried counting how many seconds for it to update while connected first then tried to disconnect my internet one second prior to connection. So, if your Zune says "No New Updates..." after 5 seconds, try to disconnect at 4 seconds after pressing "Update". For my laptop, I actually had to toggle the Wi-Fi on/off switch to disable the internet. I've had to try several times to get 8773 because I'd forget to enable the connection.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes