Video Recording Sound Issue - Volume very low

allsabotage

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

I don't tend to use the camera on my phone very much so its taken me a while to notice what may be a fault with my Lumia 710.

When I record videos I've noticed that the sound volume during playback appears to be very low, even when I increase the volume to 30/30 it only approaches what I'd describe as a "normal" volume (not particularly loud). I've transferred the videos to my computer and still the clips are very quiet.

I've tried transferring another video (not created using the lumia) from my computer to the phone and the playback volume for this video is fine. Plenty loud even at only half volume. Therefore I believe it may be an issue with the microphone.

I'm wondering if another user could give me an indication of whether this is a fault, or whether this is just the way the Lumia 710 is.

Thanks

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the recoding volume is generally very low on all Lumia models. It certainly is on my 900, and it was one of the first things my wife noticed on her 800. The sound levels do seem kind of screwey on the Lumia models. I'm surprised its not something that Nokia have addressed already one of the updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb