Forced Update Question

legolex

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I've forced the update to my Lumia 710 twice now, the problem I'm having is that it never seems to get past the "Determining the amount of disk space required to complete the update" screen. Also, I do not get the Update Screen on my phone, it's still usable so to speak.

Has this happened to anyone else? The first time I forced the update and then gave up, I was on the determining disk space screen for over an hour. I forced the update again this morning and I'm currently 30 minutes in on the disk space screen. Should I give up? Or does determining disk space really take this long? I have over 1gb of memory available on my phone if that means anything.

Thanks!

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
keep trying. Reset your phone and see if that works. You shouldn't have to spend too long on that screen.

legolex

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
keep trying. Reset your phone and see if that works. You shouldn't have to spend too long on that screen.
Thanks! I decided to wait until I was sent the official update instead of forcing it, still didn't work so then I tried updating by changing the sync relationship on a different computer, got the update almost immediately. I have no idea what the issue was with the computer I initially tried it on but there was something wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05