Flight mode troubles

jontycg

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so I recently bought a nokia lumia 710 and its been going fine except I have to go out of reception frequently so I turn it onto flight mode to save battery, however when I come back into reception and turn flight mode off, I dont recieve any messages until hours after I have turned flight mode off (It says when the messages were sent) and then I recieve them all at once. Its not such a big problem but it is annoying to not be able to recieve any messages for 4-5 hours after turning it off flight mode. It also seems to take longer to recieve the messages after turning flight mode off if a lot of messages have been sent to me (I guess because its trying to recieve more messages?). If anyone could help I'd be really greatful. Thanks :)

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's the phone? I was out of the country for 3 weeks, during which time my phone was in airplane mode. When I got back it took awhile for me to get my messages and some i never got. This makes me think that T-mobile may be slow to push things out, and may actually drop messages after a curtain amount of time.

jontycg

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's the phone? I was out of the country for 3 weeks, during which time my phone was in airplane mode. When I got back it took awhile for me to get my messages and some i never got. This makes me think that T-mobile may be slow to push things out, and may actually drop messages after a curtain amount of time.

thats interesting but iv never had this trouble with previous phones and also when i take it off flight mode, say i turned flight mode off at 9am, if some one were to send a message after 9am even though flight mode is off, i still dont recieve the messages until much later. I did consider the network though. I use 2degrees (a new zealand carrier). But this could definitely be a possibility. Its just i have never had this problem with previous phones on the same network.

opacityzero

Jan 16, 2005
Visit site
Try turning off battery saver options (Settings> Battery Saver) just in case eventhough it's function isn't to stop sms messages. Turn airplane mode off and back on again twice - sometimes this helps me if I'm stuck on 2g.

What carrier is this with and when you're off airplane mode do you see 4g on top or just 2g?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium