Need help with Lumia 710 if anyone is kind enough

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm new and still getting used to this phone.

I have some questions and hopefully people will help me out..

I wish the letters were bigger when texting. Can this be changed or is there an app out there that makes texting a lot easier on a touch screen?

Do I always have to hit the power button to go to my wallpaper?

Do I always have to go to my wallpaper to to see how much battery is remaining?

Where can I check how much storage I have?

My storage is down to 3.8 GB's and I hardly have anything on there.

How do people have facebook icon on their people tile?

When you log into facebook, can you update contacts like pictures or anything else? I know BB used to do this.

I have so many questions.. Anyone know of a tips and tricks website or anything? Maybe that'll help me and teach me with all these questions I have and cool things you can do with the phone.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello, jkrc717. I'm not too positive if you could find an app to aid you in such endeavors(texting, wallpaper, battery), but windows phone homebrew may help.

For your storage go to settings>about and it will be at the top. The lack of space may be from photos, games, documents or any other nonchalant items of the like.

The Facebook icon on the people hub is invoked from Facebook profile integration with your phone.

I'm not sure what you mean by updating contact pictures, I'm sorry.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are on the home screen or in some apps, just tap the top of the screen and your status icons will pop down. This includes battery, wifi status and network status.

Facebook is integrated into the Windows Phone OS, but you have to activate it in the OS (not the Facebook App). Go to Settings > email + accounts. Then add your facebook account. You can then also change settings such as if you want all your facebook contacts to appear in People or only those already there. When viewing contacts in People, you should see a link button that will let you link contacts. They may link automatically, but you can link manually to a facebook (or other contact) to have photos and other details show up. Linking up manually is especially required if the name spelling doesn't match up (such as you using only a first, a nick name, or one has a middle name and the other doesn't).

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
To get the battery status app, you need to root the device and install a custom rom such as the RainbowRom. There's no battery status app available on non rooted phones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

austrianball#IM

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
You can check the battery life whenever the clock is available on the top right. Just tap the clock and your battery will drop down along with a few other things.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jc0187

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I know what u mean OP. When surfing the web, there is no easy way to access the battery life meter other than hitting the windows button and returning to tile screen.

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know what u mean OP. When surfing the web, there is no easy way to access the battery life meter other than hitting the windows button and returning to tile screen.
You actually don't need to do that. Here's the right way.
When you are browsing in IE, click on the "..." three dots on the bottom. That will bring up the title bar(battery,signal status,time,etc).

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm new and still getting used to this phone.

I have some questions and hopefully people will help me out..

I wish the letters were bigger when texting. Can this be changed or is there an app out there that makes texting a lot easier on a touch screen?

Do I always have to hit the power button to go to my wallpaper?

Do I always have to go to my wallpaper to to see how much battery is remaining?

Where can I check how much storage I have?

My storage is down to 3.8 GB's and I hardly have anything on there.

How do people have facebook icon on their people tile?

When you log into facebook, can you update contacts like pictures or anything else? I know BB used to do this.

I have so many questions.. Anyone know of a tips and tricks website or anything? Maybe that'll help me and teach me with all these questions I have and cool things you can do with the phone.
I am also new to 710 and slowly am finding out different ways. It's a new OS designed differently, so it takes little bit getting used to. Happens with any new thing.
I guess, when you say letter, you mean keyboard letters. Right?
No don't have to go to wallpaper for battery status. As others have already posted and also see my previous reply, there are ways to see battery status without going to home screen.
Also, though the percentage/time remaining is not displayed on the status bar, you can click on settings button and check battery status from there.
I have settings tile at the top of my home screen for faster access.

For storage info: Go to Settings>About. You will see info there. For little more break down on what is using that storage, you can see that when you connect your phone to PC/MAC using windows phone client. It still doesn't show all the info with app-by-app breakdown, but atleast shows media usage breakdown.

For tips and tricks website, I think you can find lot of info on this website, on Nokia's website, at windowsphone.com and in Nokia's "My Nokia" app which was posted earlier today on this site.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos