Bored with Windows Phone

adityadhunna

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Bought a Lumia 710 this feb..
Windows phone is most certainly something fresh, but yes...I do miss the freedom of my android...
anyways..any apps that one could suggest to freshen up the windows phone experience and unleash its true power...
replies awaited...

DaiaX

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Link to my other post:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wp8-general-discussion/195951.htm
You can read other opinion there too. Hope it helps.

This is the app i can reccomend to unleash WP true power:
- WPCentral app -> obviously.
- Skydrive app -> i think this is the reason, oh and if you have it from feb, most likely you have 25GB skydrive(that if you confirming your account back then). Use it, and you will know the power.
- AUPEO! Radio -> good stream even for low connection.
- UC Browser -> only for thunder mode, if you want normal, go with IE.
- install any Nokia apps. The free one is good.
- install any Xbox live games. The free one is good.

adityadhunna

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Link to my other post:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wp8-general-discussion/195951.htm
You can read other opinion there too. Hope it helps.

This is the app i can reccomend to unleash WP true power:
- WPCentral app -> obviously.
- Skydrive app -> i think this is the reason, oh and if you have it from feb, most likely you have 25GB skydrive(that if you confirming your account back then). Use it, and you will know the power.
- AUPEO! Radio -> good stream even for low connection.
- UC Browser -> only for thunder mode, if you want normal, go with IE.
- install any Nokia apps. The free one is good.
- install any Xbox live games. The free one is good.
I happen to have tried most of these apps...
anything fresh???

DaiaX

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Because you said you've tried almost all the free apps i mentioned. I assume you've tried Gun Bros and Contract Killer. Gun Bros is fun to beat imo, and if you don't want to spend money on items and stuff, just befriend other players that has the stuffs. While Contract Killer is good for passing time since it's energy limited type of game. These to games is shooting genre and free XBLA.

There's also curtain shooting Danger Wing. It has funny dialogues and storyline. I'll reccomend you to play while on bus or train, since it only use touch control, not tilt, so you can play using one hand(right or left, yes they have that UI option).

For adventure, i think there's many, idk if you've tried text based games like Wizard Choice or Bump, has strong storyline and good reading and games(yes, it IS game). Or you can try platformer like Cartridge. For TCG, Cabals is solid one. For tower defense my pick is BBB: App-ocalypse, even if you finish the game, you can enjoy buying all the items in store or competing in leaderboard, they also release The Zombie Situation (idk tho if it is the same dev, need confirmation).

For games, i think you better consult game section, sharing your picks and better support. That is what i can reccomend, hope it helps.

adityadhunna

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Because you said you've tried almost all the free apps i mentioned. I assume you've tried Gun Bros and Contract Killer. Gun Bros is fun to beat imo, and if you don't want to spend money on items and stuff, just befriend other players that has the stuffs. While Contract Killer is good for passing time since it's energy limited type of game. These to games is shooting genre and free XBLA.

There's also curtain shooting Danger Wing. It has funny dialogues and storyline. I'll reccomend you to play while on bus or train, since it only use touch control, not tilt, so you can play using one hand(right or left, yes they have that UI option).

For adventure, i think there's many, idk if you've tried text based games like Wizard Choice or Bump, has strong storyline and good reading and games(yes, it IS game). Or you can try platformer like Cartridge. For TCG, Cabals is solid one. For tower defense my pick is BBB: App-ocalypse, even if you finish the game, you can enjoy buying all the items in store or competing in leaderboard, they also release The Zombie Situation (idk tho if it is the same dev, need confirmation).

For games, i think you better consult game section, sharing your picks and better support. That is what i can reccomend, hope it helps.
nice detailed answer.....
any other utility apps worth mentioning?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12