I haven't yet been able to make this happen every time, but it does happen a lot. Often I will be at home with 4G, cellular, and WiFi turned on and connected to my home wireless network. It's time for bed, so I turn on airplane mode and connect it to the charger. I read my book for a while and, "DING DING!", my phone tells me I have an email. What the heck? Sure enough, there's an email and I notice my WiFi is still turned on. I double-check airplane mode and verify it's also turned on.

Another instance is when I arrive to work. 4G, cellular, and WiFi are enabled, but the WiFi is obviously not connected to any network. I'm not allowed to bring my phone to work, so I put it into airplane mode and leave it in my vehicle. Many times after airplane mode is turned on, I can still see the disconnected WiFi icon.

Why is airplane mode usually turning off WiFi, but not always? It does not matter if I turn airplane mode on after the phone's been in and out of airplane mode several times without a reboot, or if I do a reboot then immediately go into airplane mode. In both situations sometimes WiFi is not turned off. This is not a show-stopper for me, but my phone is indeed malfunctioning. And, I verified the same issue on my wife's white Lumia 710. So it's not just me.

Anyone else have this problem?
    09-06-2012 11:08 AM
    I can confirm I have exactly the same issue with my Lumia 800. This is really annoying but it is the only real issue/fault I have found with the phone in the month since I got it.
    speedtouch likes this.
    09-10-2012 06:56 AM
    I can confirm I have exactly the same issue with my Lumia 800. This is really annoying but it is the only real issue/fault I have found with the phone in the month since I got it.
    Ah ha! So I am not nuts after all. Thank you for confirming this. If I can find a way to open a ticket easily with Nokia, I'll do it.
    09-10-2012 09:07 AM
    What version of WP7 are you running, Eric? 8107? 8773?
    09-10-2012 09:23 AM
    Turning on Airplane mode will turn off my WiFi, which I turn on manually. Turning off Airplane Mode will not turn off my WiFi once it is on. I have version 8773.
    speedtouch likes this.
    09-14-2012 02:19 AM
    I switch everything off, phone, data, wifi. Just to make sure. When I mean I switch the phone off, I mean I don't switch it off with on/off button I switch it off the phone facility, then put it into airline mode. Although my Lumia 710 is rooted with Rainbow Rom installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-26-2012 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD