Trouble with airplane mode

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't yet been able to make this happen every time, but it does happen a lot. Often I will be at home with 4G, cellular, and WiFi turned on and connected to my home wireless network. It's time for bed, so I turn on airplane mode and connect it to the charger. I read my book for a while and, "DING DING!", my phone tells me I have an email. What the heck? Sure enough, there's an email and I notice my WiFi is still turned on. I double-check airplane mode and verify it's also turned on.

Another instance is when I arrive to work. 4G, cellular, and WiFi are enabled, but the WiFi is obviously not connected to any network. I'm not allowed to bring my phone to work, so I put it into airplane mode and leave it in my vehicle. Many times after airplane mode is turned on, I can still see the disconnected WiFi icon.

Why is airplane mode usually turning off WiFi, but not always? It does not matter if I turn airplane mode on after the phone's been in and out of airplane mode several times without a reboot, or if I do a reboot then immediately go into airplane mode. In both situations sometimes WiFi is not turned off. This is not a show-stopper for me, but my phone is indeed malfunctioning. And, I verified the same issue on my wife's white Lumia 710. So it's not just me.

Anyone else have this problem?

eric19371

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Same issue with Flight Mode

I can confirm I have exactly the same issue with my Lumia 800. This is really annoying but it is the only real issue/fault I have found with the phone in the month since I got it.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm I have exactly the same issue with my Lumia 800. This is really annoying but it is the only real issue/fault I have found with the phone in the month since I got it.

Ah ha! So I am not nuts after all. Thank you for confirming this. If I can find a way to open a ticket easily with Nokia, I'll do it.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Turning on Airplane mode will turn off my WiFi, which I turn on manually. Turning off Airplane Mode will not turn off my WiFi once it is on. I have version 8773.

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I switch everything off, phone, data, wifi. Just to make sure. When I mean I switch the phone off, I mean I don't switch it off with on/off button I switch it off the phone facility, then put it into airline mode. Although my Lumia 710 is rooted with Rainbow Rom installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium