Can not see Lumia 710 in Windows explorer

Yang_H

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, this is probably my first time trying to transfer camera photos and videos in Lumia to my laptop (HP Envy 15 running Windows 7 64bit).

The strange thing is that I can see the phone under "Devices and Printers" but I can't do anything about it. The phone doesn't show up in explore so I can do any file transfer. Any one has some good suggestions how can I get the phone to show in windows explorer?

Thanks a lot!

Yang_H

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
ahh, never mind. It turned out I must install Zune softare in order to download camera photos etc. I hope WP8 will change to sth like Android and iOS, that the device will show up directly in file explorer and allow users to download files without going through an extra layer of software.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this is probably my first time trying to transfer camera photos and videos in Lumia to my laptop (HP Envy 15 running Windows 7 64bit).

The strange thing is that I can see the phone under "Devices and Printers" but I can't do anything about it. The phone doesn't show up in explore so I can do any file transfer. Any one has some good suggestions how can I get the phone to show in windows explorer?

Thanks a lot!

It IS possible to see your WP7 device in explorer and access its contents, but it requires a registry tweak, as shown here: Windows Phone 7 Mass Storage Mode Revealed

Even then, you can only take music, videos, and photos from the device but adding music or videos will not help, as it won't appear in your phone. (Photos, as long as they are in .jpeg format, will show up when transferred to device.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077