Lumia 710 Upgrading to Windows 8 Phone

celcc22

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the 710 for a number of months now but am looking to upgrade to a new Windows 8 phone. I love my 710 but would be nice to have a larger screen and Word With Friends. Are any of you 710 owners looking to upgrade. What did you choose and why. I have no interest in the 920. My hands are small and it is just too large. Am looking more at the 810, 820 or the HTC 8X. Do you think an upgrade will be coming for the 710? I assume the 8 series is more of a replacement for the Lumia 800.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
You may want to hold off. There is a rumored Lumia 830 which may be the Lumia 710's direct successor. Meaning, it will be smaller, but just as powerful as a Lumia 820/810. I'm holding off until I see more information on this Lumia 830. I love my 710 and do not want a big brick of a phone like the 810 or 920. No thanks.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for the alleged "Surface Phone"

Although, I have been eyeing the Lumia 810 from T-Mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:

enderschosen

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If size is a factor the 810 is nearly the same size as the 920, 2mm less width and 3 mm shorter, so it's going to feel just as big coming from the 710. Plus Words with Friends is on the Lumia 710 on T-mobile.

Mike Guindon

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I cannot say enough good things about the 710, its the only Cellphone I've come across that has literally a "No hands" Texting ability when responding to sent Text messages.
The fact that you would have to hit the power button then touch the "Messanging" tile and choose either a new or existing contact option and then hitting the "Microphone" option to send a message, is still better than any other phone I've come across, so I'm hoping that any new model that Nokia releases still has this option, if anyone has any new information on other manufacturers that do have a simular or better 'hands free" texting option pls send me some email, mikeguindon@gmail.com.

Thanks.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
how u upgrate to windows 8?

please help me.

You cant upgrade to Windows phone 8 with a Nokia Lumia 710. You can upgrade to Windows 7.8 however, which gives the same home screen as Windows phone 8, and new lock screen etc. Connect your phone to your pc, make sure you have Zune software installed and check to see if the update is available
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
You cant upgrade to Windows phone 8 with a Nokia Lumia 710. You can upgrade to Windows 7.8 however, which gives the same home screen as Windows phone 8, and new lock screen etc. Connect your phone to your pc, make sure you have Zune software installed and check to see if the update is available
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

I've found that forcing the update with the manual .cab push method or using WPHacker's SevenEighter tool MUCH easier that using Zune, as T-Mobile already announced that they will NOT be rolling out the 7.8 update to their Lumia 710 devices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of jumping to the 8X, only thing holding me back is the lack of Nokia Drive or other Turn by Turn.

Nokia Drive is on ALL WP8 phones, and for free. It's been like that for weeks now. I added Drive on my coworker's VZW 8X and every day she talks about how great Nokia Drive is, even this morning when I saw her...

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
how to install window 8 in lumia 710 send me link

Uh, have you been paying attention to the previous posts? There's simply NO WAY to install Windows Phone 8 on the Lumia 710, due to kernel differences and newer hardware requirements. The closest you can get to Windows Phone 8 on a WP7 device is WP7.8, which can be installed via Zune or SevenEighter:SevenEighter: Want Windows Phone 7.8 now? Try this easy tool (Update: Now supports 8862!) - Windows Phone Hacker

Kajix75

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Just get the 620 if you have small hands. It has got the same specs as the 710 plus front camera and windows phone 8 and almost the same size.

Abhilash Vivek

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
hey celcc22,
I have also been using my L710 for a year now.
I am going to buy the Lumia 720.
According to me its a perfect upgrade.
You said that L920 is too big for you, that's what makes L720 even better for you.
L720 is a nice budget phone with brilliant camera.
I am going to get me by the end of this month.
So I think you should go with L720.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hey celcc22,
I have also been using my L710 for a year now.
I am going to buy the Lumia 720.
According to me its a perfect upgrade.
You said that L920 is too big for you, that's what makes L720 even better for you.
L720 is a nice budget phone with brilliant camera.
I am going to get me by the end of this month.
So I think you should go with L720.

woah there, that font size and bold!

It's worth noting he posted last November.

On a semi-unrelated note, was the 720 around then?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb