way to retrieve data from 710 without display?

stewpeanut

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
i accidentally ran my 710 through the wash the other night. after 18hrs of sitting in a bowl of rice it will power on and i can hear that it's connecting and receiving email...but nothing appears on the display. i was wondering if there is any way to retrieve the data such as texts, saved games, etc from the phone without seeing the display? i'm able to connect it to the pc and sync with zune, but that basically only syncs photos...doesn't back up the phone.

also...does anyone have a rough idea of how much getting the display repaired might run vs getting a new device?

thanks.

note: cross posted in general wp7 board. as i thought there might be non-phone specific solutions.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, no. I'm assuming that's why there's been mo responses. The average price of a L710 on Craigslist or whathaveyou ranges from 120-200. Depending on who you go to to get it fixed, this may or may not be cheaper. You could even get a Windows 8 Phone :)

stewpeanut

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the response. i considered getting a wp8 phone, but i'd like to stick with a nokia device and am stuck with tmobile for a while longer. the 810 looks nice, but i don't like how chunky it feels in hand or pocket.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
No problem. I'm inclined to agree with you on the chunkiness of the L810. Do you have a warranty on your device? Nokia may be lenient even if not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz