Carrier billing and Debit cards

Shervrar

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm new to Windows Phone. I just switched from Android and one feature I miss is the ability to download music. I tried buying a song from the Music+Video Marketplace, using my HSBC debit card but it failed.
Here are my Questions:
?Why can I not choose Carrier billing (Im on Three UK)
?Does the Marketplace have a problem with debit cards, has anyone else managed to use one?

Thanks in advance
Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I can purchase via carrier and my debit card here in the US. I have both methods of payment in the wallet also. May be something up with billing in your area?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
You can. I'm using my UK bank debit card to purchase apps on app marketplace as well but my wp8 wallet is screwed up so I have to buy app through the website and marketplace automatically downloads the app on my phone.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
?Does the Marketplace have a problem with debit cards, has anyone else managed to use one?

I don't know if Three supports carrier billing, T-Mobile/EE have only just got it. It also may not be on by default on Three.

I've seen issues with debit cards because they tend to have more aggressive fraud checking, not just for app purchases but online generally.

In both cases, a call to the relevant support team is probably the quickest route to an answer because the response might be specific to your personal circumstances.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm new to Windows Phone. I just switched from Android and one feature I miss is the ability to download music. I tried buying a song from the Music+Video Marketplace, using my HSBC debit card but it failed.
Here are my Questions:

Thanks in advance

I was on Three UK as well and used my Barclays debit card to purchase apps and I'm still using it actually, albeit a different card number due to fraud but the same account nonetheless.

I am just not sure if Three UK supports carrier billing though.

Hope this helps.

Shervrar

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your (quick! :D) answers. About the carrier billing, i was sure that it was supported, however i might just need to somehow turn it on as markfive said. As for the debit card, I'm gonna try sending hsbc an email, however i suspect they wont be able to help either :/
Oh well :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro