Is there anyway to overclock this phone? It's not like I'm running so many things. I never use more then 1 app at a time and I reboot my phone every 12 hours. I just want that extra little kick
    04-27-2013 12:41 AM
    Nope, not sure why you would want to either.

Last phone I had to overclock was my android HTC Hero that had to be overclocked to run well. I hear the common thing to do on android is to overclock them to try to remove the lag or generally improve performance over time. There isn't the same need on WP phones.

My 920 runs much better and more stable than any phone I've had with no lag at all. So, yeah... Everything is locked down and I'm not aware of any way to do it. WP 7/8 phones have a reputation of running really quick because WP is optimised well. Rest assured your phone is quick today and will be just as quick in a year or two pretty much.
    04-27-2013 01:13 AM
    Is there anyway to overclock this phone? It's not like I'm running so many things. I never use more then 1 app at a time and I reboot my phone every 12 hours. I just want that extra little kick
    With Windows Phone being locked down as it is, overclocking is impossible on any WP7 device since access to the kernel is not possible yet, due to the platform's closed nature.
    However, you really won't need overclocking/underclocking as WP7/8 runs smoothly, even with single-core processors and just 512MB of RAM.
    04-27-2013 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD