lumia 710 is having issues after getting wet in rain

Vaibhav Suman

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday my phone got wet in rain and refused to turn on but i could get little vibration unlike normal vibration. So i came back home and removed battery,sim and back cover. After 2 hour i put battery back in the phone and pressed power button and this time i got normal vibration and 'connect to pc' screen. Again reinserted battery and pressed camera button,volume down,power and i could reach start screen but my phone was not resetted. I could use my phone normally but found issues with its power button.

POWER BUTTON:
Pressing power unlocks screen and then automatically launches camera. Same happens when i press it to lock screen.

CAMERA BUTTON:
Pressing camera button doesnt launches camera and pressing it halfway focuses but full press doesnt capture image

POWERING UP:
Pressing power button to turn on phone gives connect to pc screen most of the time and chances of successfully reaching windows is one in ten.

SCREEN:
Ater turning it on its screen starts turnin white from top right corner where power button is situated. It again goes black after some time after turning off phone. Its might be a moisture

Where is the problem?
Should i keep my phone in sun?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It may be too late now but the normal procedure is to leave the battery out and place the phone in a bag of rice for a few days to absorb as much water as possible. By attempting to use the phone while its internal components are wet has probably caused irreparable damage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3