The 710 Appreciation Thread

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have my hands on a 920 it is time to retire my 710. I bought the 710 last year thinking it would just be a temporary device until something better came out but I ended up using it for about 1.5 years. I really did enjoy the phone once I got used to it.

- In terms of looks the 710 got a lot of negative first impressions because the press photos made it look chunky. It looks a lot better in person, and if you threw on a white or cyan back cover it looked great IMO. The two-tone colour scheme really showed off it's nice lines

- The phone was light and felt nice to hold in your hand. The thickness never bothered me

- It was very sturdy as I dropped it on hard ground many times and it kept on ticking, only with some scratches and chips.

- The camera wasn't bad and actually took great photos.

- For a budget phone the screen was surprisingly good, even outdoors.

For the price I paid I really did get a good phone. I will miss my little friend :smile:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Why not keep your 710 as a backup? I could see using it if you are going to be doing some that might require a more rugged device, or a device that you aren't as concerned about damage: hiking, biking, other outdoor sports.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
- The phone was light and felt nice to hold in your hand. The thickness never bothered me
- It was very sturdy as I dropped it on hard ground many times and it kept on ticking, only with some scratches and chips.
- The camera wasn't bad and actually took great photos.
- For a budget phone the screen was surprisingly good, even outdoors.

I replaced a BlackBerry Pearl with the 710 a year ago. In the first weekend of use, it failed to recharge. I thought the issue was with the phone. Turns out it was just a faulty USB cable. Otherwise I've had no problems with the phone. I took some great photos and videos with it on a trip to Las Vegas. I was disappointed that the 710 can't be turned off overnight and powered on by the Alarm feature and that I can't set a unique ringtone for a contact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05