Dead Nokia Lumia (710) Options

gectra

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello There,

I have a long story with my Lumia. When it was frozen I removed the battery, and also did a hard reset for other reasons... Since then It used to hard reset itself often after restarts and turn offs...

I was fed up with it so I tried to solve first with Nokia Care Suite, which unfortunately failed to identify the device. And also with Zune. I tried a full System Restore, however it failed in phase 3/4(?) at 99% percent. After that I had the connection logo on it (Zune - Phone), however it did nothing, thus I removed the battery again. Now, since then, it does nothing, it is completely dead. After removing and taking back to battery it vibrates, but does nothing else. I am really confused what to do.

What options do you think I have? Do you think a Nokia service can do something?

Thanks a lot

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello There,

I have a long story with my Lumia. When it was frozen I removed the battery, and also did a hard reset for other reasons... Since then It used to hard reset itself often after restarts and turn offs...

I was fed up with it so I tried to solve first with Nokia Care Suite, which unfortunately failed to identify the device. And also with Zune. I tried a full System Restore, however it failed in phase 3/4(?) at 99% percent. After that I had the connection logo on it (Zune - Phone), however it did nothing, thus I removed the battery again. Now, since then, it does nothing, it is completely dead. After removing and taking back to battery it vibrates, but does nothing else. I am really confused what to do.

What options do you think I have? Do you think a Nokia service can do something?

Thanks a lot

It is outside of warranty and any cost to fix it wouldn't be worth it as the phone might get your $75 if it was working. IMO, your phone has toasted its last toast notification.

I'd sell it for "parts only"...get $30-$40 maybe and get yourself something with Windows Phone 8. A Lumia 520 will nearly get you most of the same hardware features.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi gectra, really U should move on an buy a new 1 . not worth fixing ! and don't put up with phones resetting at the start and return it .

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos