Will it work for T-Mobile?

echoshizzle

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes but it looks like it wont have the required T-Mobile 3g bands. If you live in an area that hasn't been "refarmed" for 1900 mhz 3g, you're stuck with slow as **** 2g.

regholdsworth

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
So living in Seattle I see from the following we have been refarmed...

"As noted by our amigos at TmoNews, the newest cities in the 1900MHz HSPA+ club are Atlanta, Minneapolis and Seattle."

Does this mean that a 720 will work for me with 3G not edge/2G?

Apologies if you think it's an obvious answer but I get more confused the more I read, is the hsdpa 1900 on L720 same as hspa+ 1900 T-M is offering in Seattle?

Many thanks for any help!

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm thinking about maybe getting the 720 for myself now. I'm still unsure since the 810 has better specs but the 720 is sexier. Then the "Catwalk" is also coming out. I'm looking for a high end phone and T-Mobile hasn't carried one to date but I am not going to switch my service just for the phone. I wish Nokia took the approach Samsung does by having their phone available to all in every service.

Nokia Lumia 720 vs Nokia Lumia 810 - Phone specs comparison

I'd be downgrading Camera, RAM, and Processor. It's a difficult choice.

regholdsworth

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I hear you, I am going around and around on what I want to get (although anything is an improvement on what I own). 720 is way better looking than 810 plus lighter and thinner but be nice to get slightly better specs. Kind of tired of waiting for next wave of new phones as I'm sure there will not be many unlocked versions available for a while after initial release so also thinking 620 as a short term option as $100 cheaper. Decisions decisions!

Changing carrier is going to cost as well. If you go AT&T they will want extra $ for data on their prepaid but T-Mobile you can keep the regular $50 unlimited. Verizon you can only use their approved phones.

regholdsworth

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I hear you, I am going around and around on what I want to get (although anything is an improvement on what I own). 720 is way better looking than 810 plus lighter and thinner but be nice to get slightly better specs. Kind of tired of waiting for next wave of new phones as I'm sure there will not be many unlocked versions available for a while after initial release so also thinking 620 as a short term option as $100 cheaper. Decisions decisions!

Changing carrier is going to cost as well. If you go AT&T they will want extra $ for data on their prepaid but T-Mobile you can keep the regular $50 unlimited. Verizon you can only use their approved phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett