Lumia 720 Philippine Users

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
So I will give WP a second chance. I have I bad experience on a Lumia 800 before ended up returning it after 7 mos.

I just got my red Lumia 720 today at Nokia Store, SM Annex branch. The clerk said earlier that they are the only Nokia Store who have a stock. Price is as advertised in NokiaPH facebook page. I paid for the extra P750 accidental damage with one year extended manufacturers warranty.

First Impressions:

1. Device is smooth as expected.
2. Camera is mind blowing for it's price. It will make you regret having an Android on same price range.
3. Feels so light in my hands. I want it to gain weight but hate to have a case so I get the charging backplate when it comes available.
4. Seems like it stutters when navigating device setting. Are this black loading screens normal?

If your from Philippines post your experiences here.

Last edited:

tryathlete

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
c7tWl5L.jpg

Got a red one too at Nokia Megamall. I wish I got the extended warranty though. Gorgeous piece of slab for the price! I love the weight on my hands.

Anyway, the loading screens seem normal, and they aren't that frequent. In fact I think they're the most non-distracting loading screens based from my experience on iOS and Android.

Chakram

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 31955

Got a red one too at Nokia Megamall. I wish I got the extended warranty though. Gorgeous piece of slab for the price! I love the weight on my hands.

Anyway, the loading screens seem normal, and they aren't that frequent. In fact I think they're the most non-distracting loading screens based from my experience on iOS and Android.

How is the plastic? Feel cheap or no?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
so I played on the camera. ..default settings even on low light shot is all good. recomended settings on low light..ISO 800, exposure 1, night mode, all others auto. will be posting sample pictures here on weekend.

Chakram

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Feels more premuim than 820 IMHO, so no..it's the physical keys that fells cheap..seems that they will loose in just a week

Cool. I hope it feels like the 808, the red color looks like it matches the red of 808. Matte red looks great. Feel free to post pics of the back or other pics of it...lol :)

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mabuhay Kabayan!

I did not know this exists until I searched Lumia 710 Philippines and viola!

I'm glad you gave it another chance. I started with Lumia 800 and got hooked ever since. I never liked Android because its just a cheap imitation of Apple's iOS and Samsung is not the brand for me. I had a couple of Samsung consumer products that frequently breaks so I never looked backed.

I'm enjoying my Lumia 600 but this is very tempting but I have decided to keep my Lumia 600 for now. I like the idea of having to change its appearance via exchangeable back covers (wala pa nga lang : ( )

I really like what is happening now as Nokia is slowly getting up from its slump but I've always asked myself why Smart and Globe is not carrying this. I'm sure there is some lobbying or politics going on. Samsung has this strategy of saturating the market with their products so you have little to no choice but Samsung.

Let's hope that the blue update will fix some of the issues of WP8.

So I will give WP a second chance. I have I bad experience on a Lumia 800 before ended up returning it after 7 mos.

I just got my red Lumia 720 today at Nokia Store, SM Annex branch. The clerk said earlier that they are the only Nokia Store who have a stock. Price is as advertised in NokiaPH facebook page. I paid for the extra P750 accidental damage with one year extended manufacturers warranty.

First Impressions:

1. Device is smoth as expected.
2. Camera is mind blowing for it's price. It will make you regret having an Android on same price range.
3. Feels so light in my hands. I want it to gain weight but hate to have a case so I get the charging backplate when it comes available.
4. Seems like it stutters when navigating device setting. Are this black loading screens normal?

If your from Philippines post your experiences here.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Bought mine this week in Glorietta 3. Was thinking of buying 820 but the better camera drew me to 720. Can't be much happier. 😊

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
sorry i was not able to post pics. cannot find a good subject..by the way update extras + info to have the storage check as additional system settings.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Bought mine this week in Glorietta 3. Was thinking of buying 820 but the better camera drew me to 720. Can't be much happier. 😊

Good decision. My device is a week now, bought mine in the 8th. None a single random reboot.

I want you to check your main camera. I have noticed that there is a gap on between the glass ring. Tiny fibers can get through it. I'll advise you not to let cloth touch it or just dont clean your camera..period.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Where did you buy yours? Mine has some lag time (loading screen) on some apps or settings at times, not consistent though. Couldn't see the gap you mentioned, maybe a factory defect?

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Haven't taken a night shot yet but the day shots are fantastic! got praises how my pictures look crisp, and the video is really clean too.
Yes, still is, especially the last few rows, doing their own magic haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99