Do you put a screen protector and a case on your Lumia 720?

mxtremex6

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a protector or a case....but i wanna say that the 720 has an issue with the cam...when u place the phone facing upwards on some rough surface the camera lens will get some scratches, using a case would be a good choice, but as for me i avoid rough surface.....placing the screen downwards would be ok because the screeen is gorilla and not the lens....so tc of dat

imZadok

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have an official Nokia wireless charging shell ordered for my Lumia 720, which I should receive this week. No matter how durable a phone is, I've found that if dropped at an awkward angle the screens are likely to shatter, and cases definitely reduce this risk.

imZadok

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Is the Nokia Wireless Charging Cover for 720 considered as a case? I mean, can we say that it des protect the phone just like the other cases?
Thanks.

It is a case, but it is certainly not going to protect the phone as well as a case that fully encloses the phone. It should significantly reduce the risk of the screen cracking when the phone is dropped, providing it doesn't land screen side down. I used to have a similar slim case for my old iPhone 4 (which were notorious for shattering) and dropped that phone many times onto concrete and other hard surfaces over a period of 2 years without the screen ever cracking.

pratappv

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Dinesh,

Could you please tell me how much did it cost from Nokia Center? My Nokia Lumia 720 screen got broked after I dropped it accidently.

Thanks
Pratap

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Because the wireless charging cases are taking forever to be released. I ended up purchasing a couple of cases (blue & yellow) on eBay. They are really nice for the price. All the cutouts are aligned, And with the TPU and the ribbed sides it makes the phone much easier to hold.

Blue s Line Wave Shape TPU Durable Gel Soft Case Cover Skin for Nokia Lumia 720 | eBay

Also I would recommend this case, as I have one for my 820. It's unique surface makes the phone super easy to hold. They take about two weeks to get to the US, and I just didn't want to wait that long. lol

IMAK Quicksand Thin Hard Cover Back Case for Nokia Lumia 720 LCD Film | eBay

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a glitch with my white 720, I purchased a gel like case and removed it after a few days, left some smudgy blots on the back of the phone :(.
Extremely tempted to buy the Imak and Nilkin cases as I can change it daily :D, but they aren't on ebay.in and it may take forever if I purchase from ebay uk or us.

Is the IMAK case having good finishing? or is it just some rat a** piece of plastic spitted out of a chinese machine?

donoester

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
If color from the gel case transfered to the 720, you should definitely get rid of the gel case now - it means that the rubber material is not lipid/sweat resistant and that small amounts will be absorbed by your skin when you use the phone. Not that the polycarbonate of the Lumias is completely safe either since they may "transfer" bisphenol A which is suspect to interfere with the hormone system.

Even though they are listed on ebay.co.uk and bay.com the IMAK case sellers seem to all ship from China.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Is the IMAK case having good finishing? or is it just some rat a** piece of plastic spitted out of a chinese machine?

I really like the finish / feel of the IMAK Quicksand case. It is like superfine sandpaper with a more hard plastic feel, and it's well made.

Kingmehta

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
sir, unfortunately i didn't due to unavailability and got the screen broken after my 720 fell from a height of just 2.5 feet
plz check the attachments

I'm in the same situation, bro. My Lumia 720 screen broke after it fell from just 1.5 feet. The screen is broken but the display works. Did you get your phone repaired. If yes, then for how much?

Sameer Sheikh

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply, after about 40 days of wait the touch is yet not available here in bhopal , the ncc is coding some 6k for the replacement i have also mailed to the nokia about the issue and they ave reverted back for quick solution...lets see what happens ???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6