Should I pick the 720 or the 820?

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Guysssss....i am new to d smartphone world...
Finding really hard to decide which one to pick...lumia 720 or lumia 820....budget is not a issue....wondering which one will better for me ????

Pls helppppp !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Give us more info, what do you do with phone, what's important to you, camera? Apps? Games? Social? ECT, can't really help you without understanding how you plan to use phone

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Unibody
Thin but rather tall
Longer battery life
4.3" LCD screen – more accurate colours
1GHz MSM8227 – slower processor
512MB RAM – some apps will not run
Better front facing camera, low light performance

Removable back
Thick but rather compact
Shorter battery life, but battery is removable
4.3" AMOLED screen – deeper blacks
1.5GHz MSM8950 – faster processor
1GB RAM – full app compatibility
So-so cameras

Last edited:

rifqi23cool

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
i had the same dilemma like you...
but just like the guys above my posts.. depends on your need
i'd decided to wait for 720 releases in my country because i need a good camera phone and a gorilla glass protection..
i don't need removable back because i don't really like changing colors and stuff, i'm sticking into black colored phones...
and i'm not planning to play heavy games or use heavy apps on my future 720..
hope it helps

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
The 820 is also a tad on the heavy side. You get used to it, but if you want light(er) then the 720 might be better.

If i had the choice again (the 720 came out like a month after i'd bought my 820) i'd probably go for the 720.

Last edited:

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
i am not a heavy user...but den wen u hold a beauty like a lumia phone you will do every possible thing....
what's with the 512 mb fuss???
will it upgrade?

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Nope it's not slow even with it's specs because the Windows Phone 8 operating system is very efficient! Everything is very smooth. There is a problem that some games aren't available for download because they need 1 gb ram to play, but most apps will do just fine.

Tommy Ramone

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same dilemma and I took 720. WP8 runs smoothly on both devices. 720 has better cameras and better design (in my opinion) also the battery life is fantastic! I can use it 3-4 days without charging! I would only recommended 820 if you like to play some more advance games but to be honest who buys phone to play games?

Shantanu Kabadi

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
i have a similar dilemma between not 2 but 3 phones.
1. Nokia Lumia 820: better performance and kinda balanced
2. HTC Windows 8X: Brilliant performance and cameras and is available for the same price as the 820 (india ebay)
3. Nokia Lumia 720: Not so good on the performance side but is good

i want a phone that can run good games 4g not really necessary but apps, camera, music & navigation. I need all of these things in my device
please help

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
2. HTC Windows 8X: Brilliant performance and cameras and is available for the same price as the 820 (india ebay)

i want a phone that can run good games 4g not really necessary but apps, camera, music & navigation. I need all of these things in my device
please help

well, I think you can start by asking yourself how important Nokia apps are to you.

From there, ask yourself if you can live without access to the best, most demanding games.

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

please help

htc ????.....
plssss mate....make your confusion for 720 and 820 onlyyy coz wid htc you will loose all d nokia goodies....
It has to be nokia all the way !!!!!

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

please help

If you really are an intensive gamer, meaning you play hardcore 3D games that are really tough on the phone, don't go for the 720. It's not for hardcore gamers. If you just play normal games then it's the 720 definitely. Best design and overall package.

If you DO play intensive games, the 8X's screen will look nicer for games because of the HD resolution (unlike 820). However there might be black bars in the apps due to the tall screen on the 8X. Also I have played with the 8X for a bit and if you haven't you really should, because I found the power button really hard to press with the 8X with it's tall design. So that's a really big problem as you're going to be pressing that more than 50 times a day. Uncomfortable, and might even make you drop your phone.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
RAM is very important for an SoC , which increases its cost by a lot.

820 is not a budget device imho.Its quite underrated device.

All apps run full screen , expandable storage , top performance , balanced option.

A successor for 800 with OLED screen.

720 is more like 'A Stylish Lumia' but a mid range performer equal to 520 performance but with much better hardware except SoC.

Only downfall with 820 is screen which is not HD and storage but hey ? Price is good.

820 will get better frame rates than 920 and 8X.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786