First day with Lumia 720, storage check, settings, contact, etc.

hirawan77

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
G'day,
I just got my Nokia Lumia 720 (red color) yesterday and I like it. My first impression for this phone is excellent and I think Nokia and Microsoft have done a really good job. I used Android before and I feel the difference interms of smooth and how fluid the OS is. No lag and very minimalist looking which is I like. I got most of apps I used in Android and I am quite happy with it. I don't have much concern with 512 MB ram because I don't play too many games and I use it for basic activities. I used 32 GB microSD card class 10 and the speed is great, no lag at all when I open photo from the album.
After used it for a day, I have few questions:
1. Contacts.
I added Facebook and Linkedin account in people hub and all my contacts from both social networking were migrated perfectly. However some of the contacts from these social media don't have phone no in the Facebook & Linkedin database, however I have phone no in my old phone (some of them). I can't change the contact details from facebook or Linkedin so I added the phone no manually. So just wondering, where these phone no is saved? outlook? how it works if some data from facebook and some data (phone no) from outlook?

2. Haptic feedback
I only used vibration when Im in the meeting but I always got the haptic feedback when I press back, windows, and search button. I have switched off the keyboard tone and it's gone but I don't have any option to switch off the haptic feedback for these 3 buttons. Or is it always vibrate?

3. Storage check
After 24 hours usage, I got apps update from Nokia and I got storage check function in the settings menu (Thanks Nokia !!!). However, I am a little bit confused, in phone storage menu I saw there is 1.05 GB in other however in storage check I got 22MB temporary files, are they the same? . Does storage check function also can be used for micro SD card? I notice it's only for internal memory. Does anyone use shrink storage apps?

Thank you guys

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Regarding contacts: when you save a new contact, it should give you the option to save as a google or hotmail (or whichever service you are using). There is no need to add numbers manually if they are listed in another contact in your people hub. Simply use the link contact function (the little chain symbol) and it will merge the contact in your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers