Nokia Lumia 720 Display

Tony Dony

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I bought the Lumia 720 3 days ago and yesterday I dropped it on the asphalt and the glas broked. The touchscreen is perfectly working but now I need to change the gorilla glass 2.

Is it possible ? I know it is an unibody phone, though the phone service from my town said he can replace it but I have to wait a little because there aren't any gorilla glass 2 for the lumia 720 on the market.

And 2nd, if you can link me some sites where I can buy the gorilla glass 2 for the lumia 720 I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

vasanth_maiya

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've purchased lumia 720 a week back through Amazon India. Now I've observed a small patch (small black shadow) at the bottom of the display. Is it a genuine problem?. I can see this problem only with white background. Please suggest me with this regards.

Thanks in advance.

shreyas15

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've purchased lumia 720 a week back through Amazon India. Now I've observed a small patch (small black shadow) at the bottom of the display. Is it a genuine problem?. I can see this problem only with white background. Please suggest me with this regards.

Thanks in advance.

if it's not prominent, don't worry. I just bought one yesterday. It seems fine. You're probably noticing the bottom screen lighting.

ujey nabila

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
hye. i experienced the problem too. i bought the phone last month. a week after i bought the phone, i accidentally dropped it on the road. so, the screen was totally cracked but still can be used like before. the speaker and camera seem like okay. in malaysia, it cost about RM500.00. i can't afford it and i just can't believe it since i am using the phone for only a week. they told me to pay the costs before they can repair the phone. is there any other solution? maybe i can get it with with cheaper price.

bijendra

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Prefered WP8 because of Nokia build quality and MS security. Now with all these stuff, everything takes a very long path to accomplish. For ex: today I contacted Nokia Care, I had to give them my IMEI number.. so during the call I had to tap the start button->settings->about windows phone->more details->read 5 numbers... and tell them those 5 digits,when you come back to check the other numbers, its gone !! Now, I have to repeat the same steps again. I am frustrated ! I will resell this phone if Nokia or MS are not going to address these small issues.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I bought the Lumia 720 3 days ago and yesterday I dropped it on the asphalt and the glas broked. The touchscreen is perfectly working but now I need to change the gorilla glass 2.

Is it possible ? I know it is an unibody phone, though the phone service from my town said he can replace it but I have to wait a little because there aren't any gorilla glass 2 for the lumia 720 on the market.

And 2nd, if you can link me some sites where I can buy the gorilla glass 2 for the lumia 720 I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Don't get into hassles, if you can get a replacement free of cost, get it.
A cousin smashed his device (the manufacturer's name is a fruit's name, am not taking the exact name but you'll know by now) when he dropped it while getting out of his car, took insurance from Verizon *after the screen was smashed*, got a replacement.
Nasty tricks, do come handy sometimes ;)

Mahesh Ranjan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Can you please guide me as to where can i get the 'Digitizer' changed? They said I will have to change the whole thing. Which is really expensive - Half the price of the phone.

Ajay Yadav2

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
maha bakwas phone hai yaar.....koi mat lena...nokia lumia ke set
50 MB se upaar ka data download nhi kar sakte 2g aur 3g se
glass break ho gya to lumia 7000 ka aayega
boring mobile phone hai...
chutiya bna rhe hai nokia wale public ko....:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Ajay Yadav2

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
maha bakwas phone hai yaar.....koi mat lena...nokia lumia ke set
50 MB se upaar ka data download nhi kar sakte 2g aur 3g se
glass break ho gya to lumia 7000 ka aayega
boring mobile phone hai...
chutiya bna rhe hai nokia wale public ko....:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Ajay Yadav2

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
backwash phone hi yr
boring mobile phone
no 50 MB download in 2 g and 3 g
Nokia 720 glass replacement cost 7000/-
Chou ban gay
please don't punches this device

chodu bnte hai sale behanchod...bakwas mobile hai yar

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
backwash phone hi yr
boring mobile phone
no 50 MB download in 2 g and 3 g
Nokia 720 glass replacement cost 7000/-
Chou ban gay
please don't punches this device

chodu bnte hai sale behanchod...bakwas mobile hai yar

Sad to know that you broke your display glass. But please refreain yourself from discouraging other to purchase the phone just because you mishandled the phone and it cost you a "Fortune" to get the display fixed.

For all we know some "Fruit" phone's display costs in "millions". :cool:

As for the downloads, this is done so that users will be able to conserve mobile data. These two seems to be the only issues you have with your Lumia 720.

I'd recommend the Nokia 3310. You'll be able to download stuff using mobile networks. And the cell phone is indestructible.:winktongue:

anoopd85

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Gaurav,
it is not problem of Ajay. I know many guys who broke the screen including me. i am nokia lover but it is very disappointing they charge more than 50% of mobile cost. its not fair. i am suggesting every single guy please dont go to nokia lumia phones becoz parts cost is very high. yesterday my mobile slipped my hand and front has been broken. but touch and mobile working fine. now nokia guys want Rs. 7845/- for glass replacement. and i have purchased mobile form flipkart in 16000/-

NithiAnandh MS

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
bought the lumia 720 and faced the same problem. dropped it and the glass broken, but i am able to use the touch screen only the glass is cracked. When I contacted and went to Nokia care in Coimbatore - India, they said it would cost INR - 7200 and that is half the amount of mobile price. They said both the display & glass needs to be replaced. I argued that it is just the glass is broken and the display is working well. Instead of spending 7200, I would go for a new Android mobile. Is nokia care legitimate in their pricing?.

Prasun Banerjee

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
@Ajit & Others ... The screen replacement charges will be there even if you break the glass of any other touchscreen phone ... the cost depends on the phone model and type of glass ... Samsung / Android phones do not replace screens FREE even within warranty period classifying it as physical damage. The only way to cover that is with insurance.