Nokia Lumia 720 Voice Quality Issues

yaksh ahluwalia

May 1, 2013
Visit site
whenever i call, the voice fades/ gets really low, for few seconds repeatedly, at the reciever's end. i.e. some issues with my mic. hv seen simillar discussion in nokia 820 also, some ppl wd 820 also having same problem. has any 1 found a solution to this problem yet??????

please please please help.......

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Ugh, say it ain't so! No issues here with my 720. But I had the issue with my 820, even after sending it in to Nokia for a fix.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Try these,

1 - Use another sim/provider, try calling someone else or the same person
2 - Try calling same person from a different area, where signal is full, at times the signal is shatty.
3 - Try voice recorder, works perfectly? your network needs a fix

Don't have any troubles in terms of voice issues, infact voice is heard and sent clearly, even in doomy networks.
Using Vodafone fyi.

kafsar

May 20, 2013
Visit site
The voice quality is low because of strong active noise cancellation feature and Nokia install additional mic to detect noise, nice there is no feature to adjust noise level in windows OS, you can close tiny hole for additional mic which is located very close to the flash LED.

after close hole the mic will not detect noise and primary mic sensitivity much will improve during call.

I suggest Nokia/ Microsoft add feture in OS to control noise level adjustment, since many have isuue in mic.

See attachment for hole location. use magnified glass to see hole on phone.

720.jpg

Last edited:

Ankit Srivastava

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I notice the speaker volume (only during calls) is significantly low. Did anyone else notice a similar issue?
Also the ringer volume at max(30) doesnt feel too loud. Songs play at reasonable volume though!

Mandar Hadke

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm also facing voice quality issue in Nokia Lumia 720 during call. Sometimes, voice of recipient is scratchy, even though network strength is good enough.
This is a basic feature of any phone which must be good ! This was not expected from Nokia

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I'm also facing voice quality issue in Nokia Lumia 720 during call. Sometimes, voice of recipient is scratchy, even though network strength is good enough.
This is a basic feature of any phone which must be good ! This was not expected from Nokia

If the person you are talking sounds scratchy is either their phone and or network, or the main speaker on your 720 is broken. I would send it to Nokia and have them look at it/fix it.

The issue here is that the person on the other end can't hear you because the noise cancelation isn't working properly.

devesh rathi

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I am facing exactly same issues with my nokia lumia 720. The voice at the other end is very low & sometimes there are hearing issues as well. Moreover its speakers suddenly stopped working within 10 days & had to get the phone replaced. Camera features & battery life of the phone are good but lots of issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb