Lumia 720 Battery Life - Is this normal?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried to play Heroes of Larkwood straight from 100% off charge down to 15% can take 6-8 hours. Video streaming will last 5 hours.

Never turned battery saver ON since purchase.With moderate use it can last 24-26 hours, below is my usage pattern.

1 hour browsing through IE and News Apps, downloading apps and updates(I am limited to 1hour 3G data connection per day);
2-3 hours playing games;
20 sms;
10 mins call;
6 hours straight listening to music from personal collection;
6 App allowed to run in background, 4 live tiles pinned to start/home..native apps not counted(battery app, weather app, das image & Basketball live).

Aurdi

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
My first full charge down takes 63h. In this time:
2h call
10 sms
2 hours listening music from sd card
1 hour browsing internet and install app (20 min via 3G, 40 min via WiFi)
1 hour gps usage

3G and data transfer off, except install apps and internet browsing

vampirevaz

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Ya mine too. i browse may be for 30 minutes... calls 30 mins.... fidget with apps for may be 45 mins... sms maybe 10 .... still its going down fast. My phone is one week old and i have fully charged it maybe two times.. Any suggestions pls .... (With 2000 Mah I thought it would last 2 days... :()

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Ya mine too. i browse may be for 30 minutes... calls 30 mins.... fidget with apps for may be 45 mins... sms maybe 10 .... still its going down fast. My phone is one week old and i have fully charged it maybe two times.. Any suggestions pls .... (With 2000 Mah I thought it would last 2 days... :()

Go to Settings, swipe to Aplications and then select Background Tasks. Have a look at what's listed. Click on any apps that you don't need to run in the background and block them. If HERE Drive Beta is listed, make sure you block it - it is known to sometimes cause battery drain issues when allowed to run in the background.

vampirevaz

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings, swipe to Aplications and then select Background Tasks. Have a look at what's listed. Click on any apps that you don't need to run in the background and block them. If HERE Drive Beta is listed, make sure you block it - it is known to sometimes cause battery drain issues when allowed to run in the background.

Txx..Already had blocked all in background including HERE Drive Beta. Let me drain battey and charge it fully and have a say .....!

Vikram Bane

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I need a bit of advice, do tell me how to test my battery ti knw whether it has a problem or not, sumhow with heavy usage of only chatting and surfing for some hours on 2g, Nd music for abt 1 hr, the battery goes off within abt 10 to 12 hrs with low brigtness.
Don't knw wat to do.

vampirevaz

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I need a bit of advice, do tell me how to test my battery ti knw whether it has a problem or not, sumhow with heavy usage of only chatting and surfing for some hours on 2g, Nd music for abt 1 hr, the battery goes off within abt 10 to 12 hrs with low brigtness.
Don't knw wat to do.

Oops having the same problem.. Some people say they get 2 days with full charge. Im beginning to get doubts on the battery now... Say have you blocked applications from Background tasks in settings.. ?

Aurdi

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
My Lumia was charged a day ago and now it looks on Battery app:
wp_ss_20130520_0001.png

I think that % and life time are wrong but i didn`t use device a lot for last 24h.

Aseem186

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with the battery. I bought it thinking that the battery would last for 2 days but it drains out s fast that I have to charge it twice a day. Please help and I have tried everything, closing the background apps, soft reset but still it doesn't help.

FrostFayre

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with the battery. I bought it thinking that the battery would last for 2 days but it drains out s fast that I have to charge it twice a day. Please help and I have tried everything, closing the background apps, soft reset but still it doesn't help.
Same as mine.
I sent mine to Nokia Care. But didn't make to the 7-day replacement warranty.

Ayrus14

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought this phone 15 days back, i was getting around 2 days, if i use skype over wifi the phone gets over heated & the battery drains very quickly. From last week, even without using skype i only get around 6 hrs for a full charge. I uninstalled the weather app & then it seems to be normal but then again it started draining. I have given it in nokia care, but they say there is no issues with the board, they want to test it for a day of usage & i am waiting fr their call. :(

Aseem186

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there is probably no issue with the handset. It is just the applications that are consuming so much of battery power, in my handset I used whatsapp 24x7 and therefore I had to charge it twice a day. But since yesterday I turned my mobile network off and now it seems to be working fine. My battery consumption is 3% per hour. I don't know whether it is good or not but you can easily use it for a day.

Last edited:

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
This post is stupid. He goes from 35% to 8% in 8 hours, how is that not expected?
My phone lasts max of 26-28 hours.
I have already read and done guides in how to prolong your battery life and
I already turned off the location,wifi, bluetooth, background tasks and such, but i still get this battery.

View attachment 33382

I left my device in standby mode with 35% battery, after 8 hours I only have 8%.
Can't even last a day. :cry:
Is this normal?
(I bought my Lumia 720 3 days ago.)

FrostFayre

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but the next day I made a test with my phone battery standby at 100% everything off, all apps close, then after 8 hours its only 20%.
My screen sometimes goes like this too.
And i noticed that there is a very tiny gap between the bottom right corner glass and the polycarbonate case that doesn't look normal compared to the top right,left and bottom left.
Sent them to Nokia though.
wp_ss_20130509_0005.png

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130510_0009.png
    wp_ss_20130510_0009.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 6
  • wp_ss_20130510_0008.png
    wp_ss_20130510_0008.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 6
  • wp_ss_20130510_0007.png
    wp_ss_20130510_0007.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 5
  • wp_ss_20130510_0003.png
    wp_ss_20130510_0003.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 5

Jezs

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is awesome. I have 3g, whatsapp, skype and gps on 24/7, also 3 emails syncing every 30min. Those and several hours of talk/web browsing the battery averages about 40 hours. If I do nothing but still keep all those on, it consumes about 1% per hour.

However, this is all true only if I charge it with the original charger. I made a thread about this bug http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...n`t-charge-properly-non-original-charger.html

Are u guys perhaps charging from usb or some different charger? Doesn`t work properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre