Lumia 720 Battery Life - Is this normal?

bijendra

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA

Cinderella RT

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry that I do not know every single detail about every single phone.
Well, then, you shouldn't post if you don't know what the discussion is about.
I understand you have posting quotas to meet, mister ambassador, but at least stop being smug when people call your bluff of overly general advice.

Drew Sugui

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Is it normal to loose 1-3% of my battery even in not using it?
Like I left my phone with 97% after an hour own to 94%, is it normal?

And left my phone with 95% after 8 hours down to 84%?

Thank you for your reply ��

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I found the reason why battery drains quickly.. Its the watssapp and other IM...

Whatsapp is the biggest battery drainer..

If u don't use whatsapp for a day.. battery will long last

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Is it normal to loose 1-3% of my battery even in not using it?
Like I left my phone with 97% after an hour own to 94%, is it normal?

And left my phone with 95% after 8 hours down to 84%?

Thank you for your reply ��

Even when 'sleeping' the phone remains connected to the cell network to receive calls and sms. It also does things periodically in the background, like check for emails, facebook, etc. So some battery loss is perfectly normal. The amount of discharge is dependent on what apps you have installed that are allowed to operate in the background, and how strong the cell signal strength is (the lower the signal strength the faster the battery drains). So from 95% to 84% in 8 hours is within normal limits depending on how your phone is set up.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but at times I got mine enduring 0-1% discharge during sleeping times.
Either your battery meter is wrong, or:
1. Airplane mode is activated.
2. Battery saver is enabled.
3. It's not turned on :p
4. No background tasks

I should know because on my 620, I get <3% discharge from this.
Which means ~1% discharge on your 720.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but at times I got mine enduring 0-1% discharge during sleeping times.

And what's your setup? What do you have disabled? I'm sure I could get my phone do the same thing, but I'd probably need to disable all the stuff I want activated. Battery drain is always a trade off between how long you need your phone to last between charges, and how much stuff you want it do between charges.

Niveditatrue

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
The battery lasts for one day with below usage:

2G usage - full day
1-2 hrs Wi-fi
Facebook - 3-4 times a day
Music - 2-3 hrs a day
Whats app - always connected.
Twitter - 3 - 4 times a day
Calling - 15-20 mins.

Some of the apps like LinkedIn or We Chat drain a lot of battery. Also, Skype, if remained logged in drains out the battery really quick. I have been using Lumia 720 for 3 months now. Hope this helps

Thanks

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
my l720 usually gets me through the day, with about 4-5%/ hour. I did a hard reset yesterday, and I noticed that this changed to 1-2%/hour which should last about 2 days. After installing some apps, I went back to 4-5%/hour, my bet is on SKYPE, because it was the last app that I installed. I removed to check, if the percentage comes back to 1-2%.

jenikcarl

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi Taymur, I posted a thread regarding expected battery life on the forum. It states my usage patterns when the phone was just a few weeks old. Its now almost 2 months, I did a hard reset and I am still getting only 25-26 hrs on a charge. I do not have a lot of apps on the phone except for camera lenses and Whatsapp. Could you update whether removing apps or a hard reset improved your battery life?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-720/231806-720-expected-battery-life-single-charge.html

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Taymur, I posted a thread regarding expected battery life on the forum. It states my usage patterns when the phone was just a few weeks old. Its now almost 2 months, I did a hard reset and I am still getting only 25-26 hrs on a charge. I do not have a lot of apps on the phone except for camera lenses and Whatsapp. Could you update whether removing apps or a hard reset improved your battery life?

Remove WhatsApp and see if your battery life improves. WhatsApp has been implicated in many excessive battery drain scenarios.

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
And what's your setup? What do you have disabled? I'm sure I could get my phone do the same thing, but I'd probably need to disable all the stuff I want activated. Battery drain is always a trade off between how long you need your phone to last between charges, and how much stuff you want it do between charges.
I set the cellular connection to 2G since I never use cellular for internet. And, you got it coming, my background tasks(those that could be turned off) that are activated are only Battery, Bing Weather, and WeChat. Twitter is well running and the background and yes, believe it, no FaceBook. So there.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I set the cellular connection to 2G since I never use cellular for internet. And, you got it coming, my background tasks(those that could be turned off) that are activated are only Battery, Bing Weather, and WeChat. Twitter is well running and the background and yes, believe it, no FaceBook. So there.

Do you have wifi on or off? Do you have Bluetooth enabled/disabled? How many email accounts do you have setup and how often do they check for new mail? Do you sync with any online calendars, and how often?

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you have wifi on or off? Do you have Bluetooth enabled/disabled? How many email accounts do you have setup and how often do they check for new mail? Do you sync with any online calendars, and how often?
At night times I only turn the wifi on since I'm at home. Bluetooth always disabled unless for file sharing. Got an Outlook and Yahoo Mail, both checking every day. My online calendar is my Outlook calendar. I uploaded my iOS calendar to Outlook and merged it so I don't have multiple calendars.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
At night times I only turn the wifi on since I'm at home. Bluetooth always disabled unless for file sharing. Got an Outlook and Yahoo Mail, both checking every day. My online calendar is my Outlook calendar. I uploaded my iOS calendar to Outlook and merged it so I don't have multiple calendars.

With that I can only think that you've either got a magical handset, or your claims of only 0-1% discharge while sleeping are exaggerated. Or that you have the battery saver function turned on permanently - do you get email notifications when you're phone is sleeping?

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
No. My Battery Saver is turned on only when it drops to 20%. And the 0-1% is not exaggerated. I've expereinced it many times. I sleep at let's say 11 or 12midnight, wake up at 7 or 8am then 0-1% battery loss. I don't get email notifications when my phone is sleeping since my wifi would only turn on when I wake up the phone. I didn't check the always keep wifi on. And, maybe this would be the dealbreaker, I'm a college student. So syncing, emails except for academic works, aren't much of a priority for me though I check mails everyday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss