Lumia 720 Battery Life - Is this normal?

FrostFayre

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have already read and done guides in how to prolong your battery life and
I already turned off the location,wifi, bluetooth, background tasks and such, but i still get this battery.

wp_ss_20130504_0001.png

PROBLEM SOLVED:smile:

Thanks to Nokia Care who took my phone for almost 3 months to fix it.:cry:

Last edited:

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I have already read and done guides in how to prolong your battery life and
I already turned off the location,wifi, bluetooth, background tasks and such, but i still get this battery.

View attachment 33382

I left my device in standby mode with 35% battery, after 8 hours I only have 8%.
Can't even last a day. :cry:
Is this normal?
(I bought my Lumia 720 3 days ago.)

did you charge your phone full for the 1st charge?
drain the battery completely till it shuts down,and den full charge the phone till 100%

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Try downloading a Battery app that monitors your battery depletion rate.
And try optimizing the settings for normal use, like 3g on, battery saver off, just like the setting son how you would normally use the phone.

And, do a ONE FULL DISCHARGE AND CHARGE to calibrate the gauge of your battery.

If the problem persists, contact Nokia Care. They're speedy in response.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
i had a similar behaviour after playing with "cut the rope: experiments"!
i closed the app normally by pressing the home button, but it was still opened in the fast app switch menu. In normal conditions closed app should be hibernate but seems like that game wasn't, i had to manually close it from inside the game.

Maybe you have some other app that drains your battery off, try to press the back button until they are all closed!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i had a similar behaviour after playing with "cut the rope: experiments"!
i closed the app normally by pressing the home button, but it was still opened in the fast app switch menu. In normal conditions closed app should be hibernate but seems like that game wasn't, i had to manually close it from inside the game.

Maybe you have some other app that drains your battery off, try to press the back button until they are all closed!

Sigh, those apps are 'paused', and they 'do not' drain your battery. This is not the man's droid OS.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 is still buggy and alot of times app processes get stuck , even when apps are closed. This drains the battery alot.

It's good to do a soft reset any time you notice abnormal battery drain on your phone as this kills that rogue process.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 is still buggy and alot of times app processes get stuck , even when apps are closed. This drains the battery alot.

It's good to do a soft reset any time you notice abnormal battery drain on your phone as this kills that rogue process.

How do you do a soft reset on the 720?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Facebook Beta is the reason.

That's a pretty confident statement given that you don't even know if the OP has the Facebook Beta app installed. Or does the Facebook Beta app affect all phones, even those that don't have it installed?

Tommy Ramone

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. For example, sometimes it shows me that estimate time remaining is for example 1 day, then after few minutes it shows me 4 days, all depends on what apps/processes are currently being used. If you turn off everything and look at battery saver settings after few minutes the remaining time will change :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
To perform a soft reset: remove the back cover from your phone and remove the battery. Re-insert the battery and replace the back cover and restart your device.

I can't stop weeping because you know nothing about 720.
To do a soft reset you need to hold the power and volume down key while the phone is off, thats what Nokia chat told me.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't stop weeping because you know nothing about 720.
To do a soft reset you need to hold the power and volume down key while the phone is off, thats what Nokia chat told me.

Weep away.

I'm sorry that I do not know every single detail about every single phone.

My apologies.

raju_taran

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
It same happen with me. After i uninstall Official New YouTube Update (3.0.0.1) of Microsoft it become correct. When it was installed its shows me 1 Day 15 hours with 100% charged (Wifi, Location Activated with Battery Saving Mode), after i uninstall i reset ( Vol Down + Power) it then wait for 12 hour with 100% charge. It starts giving correct i think (Like Before) saying 6 days 19 hrs. Hope this will help.

Note: I am using Facebook Beta, Seems its have no issue with this.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It same happen with me. After i uninstall Official New YouTube Update (3.0.0.1) of Microsoft it become correct. When it was installed its shows me 1 Day 15 hours with 100% charged (Wifi, Location Activated with Battery Saving Mode), after i uninstall i reset ( Vol Down + Power) it then wait for 12 hour with 100% charge. It starts giving correct i think (Like Before) saying 6 days 19 hrs. Hope this will help.

Note: I am using Facebook Beta, Seems its have no issue with this.

The estimated time reaming is not accurate. Once you start to use your phone, it will go down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb