Ringtone Issue

Saurabh Khaneja

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to make any music file as my ringtone but not able to. I've tried less than 1 mb clip and files with Genre as 'Ringtone' as well but with no success. Can anyone tell how can I make any music file as my ringtone on lumia 720.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Go Here - It is a link to Ringtone Maker from Nokia Beta Labs. Basically you signup for for an account there. Then you get access to their apps that are in beta.

Sumanth Daggubati1

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
just copy the song you want to use as a ringtone into ringtones folder, that you will find once you connect your phone to pc

or

you can also make a custom ringtone in the phone itself using ringtone maker app. you will find this app in 'apps from nokia' section in the store

Tony Dony

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Put your mp3 in the ringtone folder ( pc => mobile) via USB. Lock the screen and unlock it after, your songs will be in the ringtone settings.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
1) - Download Ringtone Maker app and edit your song inside the phone itself
OR
2)Obtain a tune from your fav. source and put that in Phone > Music/Ringtone folder

Either ways, it will show on top of your ringtone list under 'Other' Tag.

Korlepara Kishore

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Sumanth ,I have connected Lumia 720 to my pc and copied one of the mp3 files into ringtone folder ,but still the 'custom' option is not appearing in my phone after restarting also .
Is it a software problem or anything else need to be changed ?

Korlepara Kishore

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,I have connected Lumia 720 to my pc and copied one of the mp3 files into ringtone folder ,but still the 'custom' option is not appearing in my phone after restarting also .

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,I have connected Lumia 720 to my pc and copied one of the mp3 files into ringtone folder ,but still the 'custom' option is not appearing in my phone after restarting also .

Nothing else needs to be changed. If you go into the settings to change your ringtone and scroll right to the very TOP of the list, you should see the mp3s listed under 'custom'. I have done this with two mp3 files and they both show up. Some people have said you need to set the Genre of the mp3s to 'ringtone', but I didn't do that and it still worked for me. You might want to make sure that your mp3 has something in the Title tag, though, as that's what's listed in the phone's ringtones list.

arumitaband

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
the custom folder is not showing after a lot struggle,power on and off lock screen and again unlock and so on...i am fade up with lumia 720..why i have to always connect the set to pc?for any purpose?waste of money..i could have taken android..

Vivek Nain

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
don't panic guys .... just do one thing .. and u all would find tha custom option right at the top of ringtone selection list... actually... u have to choose a mp3 song whose duration is less than 40sec...if it doesn't work then let me know...

raviraj87

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
One more update, I also was facing this issue and fixed my problem (after so many research), thanks for all above updates.
If you want full length of mp3 to be set as ringtone, convert the file format from ".mp3" to ".wmv" and put the file in ringtones folder.
This is all I have to do without cropping my mp3 to 40 sec or less :) - Simple!!!

Nokia Lumia 720 / Nokia N8-00

Atul Dhanuka

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Still i m not getting custom ringtone
even m ringtone is in mp3 format,duration-20sec
i have keep my music in ringtone folder of the phone
plzzz help me out

saurabh_rocksoul

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
How to set constant vibration while ringing, when its on vibrate mode then vibration occurs constantly, but when its on "ring+vibrate" then constant vibration doesn't occur.
Any suggestions please !!!!

lumiagiri

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
gys..if u want ringtones of ur own.the 1ly thing u shud do is to sync with windows phone app via itunes.
steps for sync with itunes for 1st time :
First-->dwnload itunes,next download windows phone app,
(copy ur entire songs to ur pc and hav it as a folder while creating playlist in the itune click add and drag tat folder to ur playlist thus u can get all ur old songs)

Then tick on the playlist name in the windows phone app and press sync thus u can hav ur songs in ur mobile

For having ringtones :
---> in windows phone app u can find music,photos,videos,podcasts,ringtones

--> click on ringtones and u can find ringtone tat are supportin to ur phone jus tick all the tone and click add

Thus u can hav ur ringtones.It worked lik pitch perfect :D :D :D

i jus added image hw to do it ..jus a simple editing

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

Last edited:

lumiagiri

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
How to set constant vibration while ringing, when its on vibrate mode then vibration occurs constantly, but when its on "ring+vibrate" then constant vibration doesn't occur.
Any suggestions please !!!!

vibration depends on ur ringtone u cant change the manner of vibration.try changin ringtone and see maybe it wil help

ozbandit

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I tried everything posted in response to the initial problem because I had the same one. In the end I discovered that the only way I could it was to do the following;

Make sure the mp3's I wanted to use for ringtones were in MY Music on my computer.
Connect my Lumia 720 to the computer via USB.
Once the Windows Phone app had connected to my computer I made sure I was clicked on pc at the top right of that window.
Then click on ringtones located below the line at the top left of the window.
Check the songs you want to put on your phone.
Click on the Add button at the bottom right of the window.
The mp3's are now ringtones on your phone and you'll see the Custom folder.

You can now use them for ringtones on the phone.

Cheers, Bandit...:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss