arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my lumia 720 two weeks back..was running smoothly until today....Out of nowhere phone switched off....wen i say switched off i mean to say screen is blank...have tried pressing power button with volume button....not working....neither it is displaying nokia's logo...nor ne other sign...

Also encountering a weird problem...though phone is not working.....wen i am calling on my number call goes through and it appears that whosoever will call me will think that i am not picking up the phone...plssss plsss help me....

wpcentral team...will be really thankful if you can suggest or give some help...
Thankssss !!!!!

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
When it happens to switch off, charge it with supplied charger and leave it for an hour or so.

What do you mean of not picking up the phone? I don't quite understand.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you definitely pressing the volume down and power keys? Is the phone charged?

Try a hard reset. Hold the volume down, power and camera buttons until it vibrates then let go of the power button and hold the other two for another 5 seconds or so.

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
yes i am pressing the volume down and power keys.....phone is also charged upto 60 %...
will hard reset result to factory reset????

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
phone was not completely discharged....it had 60 to 65 % battery when it suddenly switched off...

what i meant was that if someone calls on my active number(which i am using with lumia 720)...the caller will heard the ring but me on the other hand will not hear the ring(that is i'll have an impression that i am not recieving any call)

Tony Dony

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
phone was not completely discharged....it had 60 to 65 % battery when it suddenly switched off...

what i meant was that if someone calls on my active number(which i am using with lumia 720)...the caller will heard the ring but me on the other hand will not hear the ring(that is i'll have an impression that i am not recieving any call)

I had the same problem ! I was at a party and at a certain point I went to my room and checked the phone, I tried to unlock it but it wouldn't display anything though it was fully charged. When my girlfriend tried to call me she heared the ring on her phone but my Lumia 720 didn't make a move. In the morning it came back to normal without any reset or anything. I don't know what it was, but I haven't encountered it again.

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

That was really strange. This had never happen on me, not on both my Lumia 620 and Lumia 820. Can't help you on that one, sorry.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me already with my 920. Phone just shuts off.

Holding the power and volume down button for about 10 seconds should bring it back to life. If that does not work , try holding down the volume down, power and camera for 10 seconds.

Try it with the phone plugged into the wall and without.

jaywp8

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking its a proximity sensor problem, Just press little bit hard at proximity sensor side, hope the display may on. Dont press too hard.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking its a proximity sensor problem, Just press little bit hard at proximity sensor side, hope the display may on. Dont press too hard.

If it was the proximity sensor the OP should still be receiving calls - the screen just wouldn't light up to allow him to accept the call.

As others have said, try Power + Vol Dn for 15 secs, and if not joy, Power + Vol Dn + Camera for 15 secs. If neither of those things work, try removing the sim card and reinserting it. This should trigger a reboot.

To the OP, topic titles like "Urgent" don't really give forum browsers much to go. Perhaps you should ask a Mod to change the title to something like "Urgent - phone has stopped responding" and be a little more descriptive in your titles in future. It makes it easier for us to help.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Your device is suffering SOD like my old L800 which I have returned for refund. Lumia 720 is not running on android OS so bring it Nokia for them to check.

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem ! I was at a party and at a certain point I went to my room and checked the phone, I tried to unlock it but it wouldn't display anything though it was fully charged. When my girlfriend tried to call me she heared the ring on her phone but my Lumia 720 didn't make a move. In the morning it came back to normal without any reset or anything. I don't know what it was, but I haven't encountered it again.

Been over 12 hours but d problem still exists !!!!
how much time did it take for your phone to be on its legs again....any idea??
i guess i'll have to go to nokia centre...

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me already with my 920. Phone just shuts off.

Holding the power and volume down button for about 10 seconds should bring it back to life. If that does not work , try holding down the volume down, power and camera for 10 seconds.

Try it with the phone plugged into the wall and without.

I have tried all the above methods...still not responding...will wait for hour or so nd den try again...hope it works !!!!
thanks...

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
If it was the proximity sensor the OP should still be receiving calls - the screen just wouldn't light up to allow him to accept the call.

As others have said, try Power + Vol Dn for 15 secs, and if not joy, Power + Vol Dn + Camera for 15 secs. If neither of those things work, try removing the sim card and reinserting it. This should trigger a reboot.

To the OP, topic titles like "Urgent" don't really give forum browsers much to go. Perhaps you should ask a Mod to change the title to something like "Urgent - phone has stopped responding" and be a little more descriptive in your titles in future. It makes it easier for us to help.

Ohhhh sure mate....i'll be definitely more descriptive next tym...was so bumped dat jst wrote Urgent....sorry...

haven't tried the sim ejaculation method...will try dat nd hopefully it will work...
thankss mate....

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
This happened to my dads 820. Nokia care attributed the problem to a corrupt micro SD card. Make sure U purchase a new SD card for ur phone. If U have used an old one, its likely that the SD card caused the problem. Try removing the sd card and then turn on the phone

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
i bought a new sd card.......but neverthless it has started again.....removed the sim and then again inserted it...
back into bussiness :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05