lumia 720 didn't turn on

Subash Rai

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Buddy, i had the same problem and Hard booting work, else i was about to go to nokia care. you saved my Rs. 500/- transportation fare.

Subash Rai

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a Trillion AlexanderPD, you saved my one day worth of visiting Nokia Care at Siliguri which is 75 km distance from my place.
I will ever remain grateful to you.
Thanks once again.

shravan shukla

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I too faced same problem:
1. Inserted a new Sandisk MicroSD card to my new (2 days old) Lumia720
2. Powered ON
3. Phone worked fine for 2 minutes and then hanged
4. Power off
5. Try to power on .. but phone doesnt come up...actually nothing happens no vobration nothing as iof it is dead :(

How it got resolved:
Press the power and volume down buttons at teh same time .. it does a hard(er) reest.. phone comes up again

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Press the power and volume down buttons at teh same time .. it does a hard(er) reest.. phone comes up again

The term you are looking for is a 'soft' reset.

Soft reset (Power + Volume Down for around 15 secs until phone vibrates) performs pretty much the same action as disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it. It simply reboots the phone and causes the operating system to restart. No data, settings or apps are lost.

Hard reset (Settings > About phone > reset or Power + Volume Down + Camera Button for about 15 seconds, then lift finger off camera button and follow onscreen instructions) completely resets your phone to its factory defaults, deleting your personal data, settings and downloaded apps. After doing this you will need to setup the phone from scratch again.

Turning off the phone (pressing the Power button for a few seconds and then swiping down the confirmation screen) should do pretty much the same thing as a soft reset, so I'm not sure why some people are getting different results with this. Perhaps someone else knows if there's a difference between a soft reset and a normal power down (other than powering down doesn't restart the phone straight away and can't be used if the phone has frozen).

bijendra

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA .

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
woah lots of thanks for the soft reset combination :D thank you all :D

My phone too switched off all of a sudden. The soft reset did work but am concerned as to why it happened considering the fact that its a new phone. Alexander PD, kindly answer the query if you are aware. What can possibly go wrong?

i totally have no idea :( i can't find any info about a system log, a crash log or a system event viewer (damn it's NT kernel right? it should have it!) so i don't have a single clue :( i hope this will be fixed in GDR2!

smutalik555

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot Alexander....i'd the same issue with ma 720....its just 20 days old....as of now, soft reset has helped me...But, i'm not sure about in near future.....any suggestions??

marlon03

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys was really worried about this situation because my Lumia 720 was off for about 15 hours i didnt know what to do it just power off automatically. tried pluggin it on the charger but none happened................... thanks to this thread and you guys who offered the solutions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs