Music player volume control not respond in 720

Murali Dharan

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

i am using 720 for 20 days and starting getting few bugs in my handset.

1) Reception issue for 2 seconds
2) Volume control is not getting changed when songs are in playing in music player, but while playing video it is getting changed.

i reset the both and tried again it comes same way. shall i better ask for replacement in showroom ?

nfsleo07

May 22, 2013
Visit site
hi iam having the same problem with the volume control. It just doesn't change. I have to stop music , hit back and then start over again. I don't know whats causing this!

Murali Dharan

May 10, 2013
Visit site
i went to nokia care and they did some reset option and changes . now it s good but i doubt if i update any sw in Nokia apps will arise any problem. so far i did nt download any update apps. till now it works fine.
so i suggest to go nokia service and repair at free of cost.

Hari248

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Even thr is no option for Navigation, you have to repeat the song from beginning.
Sound control applies for music player and whole system simultaneously :-(
Unfortunately you need to restart the phone if you are stuck with constant volume in music player :-( :unhappysweat:

Hari248

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Please do suggest a good app(if anyone using ) for music player, which has audio control within it and also navigation option.

lopesr

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I have the same issue with the volume key down (volume up was working fine)

It stopped working properly I think 2 days ago (2013-AUG-17). I have all updates installed until now on my Lumia 720.

Today I've tried to
1) Soft reset the phone among every steps below
2) Enter/Exit Nokia Music and play some songs
3) Enter/Exit Xbox Music/Video and play some songs and videos

Nothing brought me back that function.

The volume key worked again only after I go to the Audio Settings and disable Dolby Audio!

But after I've tried to use the Nokia Music again the issue reappeared.

I can't understand any pattern on that.

Note: I listen to podcasts everyday (iPodcast) with the phone paired by bluetooth with my car radio, and sometimes I also listen to Nokia Music and local music files with earphones (with no volume control). I think the phone had already crashed while listening at these conditions, but I don't know if that caused the issue.

EDIT: after a hard reset the issue continues. Sometimes the button works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm starting to think it is a hardware issue.

Last edited:

Deepan Samraj M

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this bug really does exist. I am not sure it's nokia's problem. I am using Nokia Lumia 620. I have tried rebooting and factory reset. It keeps coming back. But I noticed something. If you only use windows players (Music+videos), you won't face any issue. When you install other music players and use them, such as, Nokia music, Musixmatch, ttpod, Listen, then the bug rises and the volume remains the same even if it is adjusted. Reboot/factory reset will only give temporary solution. When we use the external music apps, the bug rises again. It's highly likely that it could be because of OS.

Krishna Aditya1

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue, it even got bigger and my lower volume button stopped working completely. Took it to Nokia care, they updated the software and fixed the button. The call receiving issue got solved but after 2 days the volume issue again popped up. Went again, they said the problem is with the motherboard and now it has been sent to Delhi for repair. Although everything is free of cost but this isn't a good sign for a new product. Anyways plz do get it checked.

kurnia eka

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I think all Nokia and microsoft who create WP 8 are using blindfold don't see this issue.

how come they can't see this matter and come with solution, same post are same at Nokia discussion.

for me i have go to NCC they had fix my problem, took time almost 20 days. after re install all apps that i use volume down bug happen again, i only had one device i don't want gave my only phone for repair and took long time to finish.

like throw $ 325 through windows phone, i'm not rich ppl please don't trick me with bad product.

Vinzee

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
i had the same volume down problem, went to nokia care on wednesday and got it today with the volume controls replaced, so far it's working well

Krunnal

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
i had the same volume down problem, went to nokia care on wednesday and got it today with the volume controls replaced, so far it's working well

It seems the problem is seen only for songs played from Nokia Music... Songs from SD card playing properly with change in volume level....

any update or solution to this... My phone already is Amber updated...

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
It seems the problem is seen only for songs played from Nokia Music... Songs from SD card playing properly with change in volume level....

any update or solution to this... My phone already is Amber updated...
ya bro you are right, problem is with nokia music songs, i have also seen when this problem is happening, i switched to non nokia music song and volume starts responding to vol. buttons and again when i changed song to nokia music song, damn the problem starts again.

P.s.: Nokia music songs are doing this, switch to other drm or download songs illegally @_@

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it really is because of Nokia Music songs. I've faced the issue a couple of times, a restart or a soft reset fixes it. The vol control works fine after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb