Anyone else with their glass pushed into the polycarbonate casing?

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else has their Lumia 720's glass screen slightly pushed into the casing at the corners? On my wekk old Lumia 720 I have found that where the corner of the glass meets the corner of the shell on my bottom left corner the glass is pushed into the shell slightly such that if you slide your thumb over it it will feel slightly sharp and protruding unlike the other three corners where the glass and shell meet, where it is almost seamless going from glass to shell. And I have also looked at the phone from the side and the glass is indeed gone into the shell a bit at that corner whereas on the other edges it sits just a bit above the top edge of the shell. Anyone else have this defect in their phone?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a 720 but what you have described doesn't sound too good and I think you should get it checked out at a Nokia Care Centre. Nokia's build quality isn't what it used to be and I'm not impressed with the build quality of my 920. There is dust under the FFC, the body creaks and the vibration rattles. Some 920 users have reported that they can feel the insides moving around when handling their phones and I've read of users of the 620 & 820 who have loose batteries that are too small for the battery compartments. They have resorted to wedging bits of card or paper into the compartments to hold the battery in place.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is the same on mine, except it's the bottom right corner that sunken in. I bought unlocked in the US, so warranty is not valid. It's not a big deal. In fact, I was using it for several days before even noticing.

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Wonder what's happening at Nokia you can literally see hundreds of people reporting defects in their phones on this forum itself and it is worrying...And just when I decided to go to Nokia Care Centre to get my phone checked out I discover I have misplaced my warranty...damn...

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wonder what's happening at Nokia you can literally see hundreds of people reporting defects in their phones on this forum itself and it is worrying...And just when I decided to go to Nokia Care Centre to get my phone checked out I discover I have misplaced my warranty...damn...

misplaced you warranty? At least in the states, your warranty is activated when you go through the phone setup the first time you turn it on. Nokia keeps a record based on your imei.

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
misplaced you warranty? At least in the states, your warranty is activated when you go through the phone setup the first time you turn it on. Nokia keeps a record based on your imei.

Oh so I can (hopefully) just use the sticker with my imei and stuff on my phone box and my warranty? Thanks for the help!

cotras

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I have this too. The difference is just a fraction of a millimeter though, well within the tolerances I'd expect for a phone in this price range (I doubt I'd ever noticed it if not for this thread).

imZadok

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
What you are describing is not normal. Thankfully my Lumia 720 doesn't have this issue and is perfectly flush at every corner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon