Hard to unlock the screen on Lumia 720

Disinto

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody
I just bought a Lumia 720 last Saturday and one of the annoying stuff compared to my former L800 is that it sometimes require two or three attempts when unlocking the screen. It's really weird. It seems the screen is not responsive for 1 or 2 seconds. I tried to activate the super sensitive display, to no avail. Anybody experiencing that too?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody
I just bought a Lumia 720 last Saturday and one of the annoying stuff compared to my former L800 is that it sometimes require two or three attempts when unlocking the screen. It's really weird. It seems the screen is not responsive for 1 or 2 seconds. I tried to activate the super sensitive display, to no avail. Anybody experiencing that too?

I haven't found that issue at all. My screen unlocks easily and consistently. If you can handle the inconvenience, I would do a full factory reset and test the unlock screen before installing any apps. If all is good, then install apps one at a time to make sure it's not a badly behaving app causing the problem.

If you still have the problem with a fresh reset, then I'd return it for repair/replacement.

Dineshlal Thorali

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
This happened for me too.. Go to settings--> brightness and turn off automatic adjust.. set the level to medium or high.. whenever the display wakes up it tries to set the brightness (if u turn on automatic brightness).. give a try.. it can solve your issue..

bijendra

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA

Disinto

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't found that issue at all. My screen unlocks easily and consistently. If you can handle the inconvenience, I would do a full factory reset and test the unlock screen before installing any apps. If all is good, then install apps one at a time to make sure it's not a badly behaving app causing the problem.

If you still have the problem with a fresh reset, then I'd return it for repair/replacement.

I'm unfortunately too lazy to do a factory reset ;) I guess I'll just leave with it.

This happened for me too.. Go to settings--> brightness and turn off automatic adjust.. set the level to medium or high.. whenever the display wakes up it tries to set the brightness (if u turn on automatic brightness).. give a try.. it can solve your issue..

Thanks, I'll try that. So far it seems to be working. I'll try it over several days.

Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA
Stick to the topic please - create a new one if you want to post this kind of personal rants

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
That's funny because my brightness is auto and I don't face any lags.

@OP,
Try a soft reset, volume down + power and release on 1 vibration. Do it when the phone is switched on.

Disinto

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
That's funny because my brightness is auto and I don't face any lags.

@OP,
Try a soft reset, volume down + power and release on 1 vibration. Do it when the phone is switched on.
Thanks. I do that once in a while since the phone hangs and didn't notice any improvement. Auto-brightness definitely seems to be laggy. Let's see if Amber and GDR2 can correct this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos