Here Drive not working in another country

bronzegod007

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
Bought my wife a Lumia 720, extremely happy with the device overall but have found a problem recently. She has gone for some months to Dubai and is unable to use Here Drive over there. Now I found out that you can access/download maps of the country for which you inserted the sim card first (in this case India), which in my opinion is ridiculous.

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue? Will uninstalling and re-installing Here Drive help or a hard reset would do it?

Its very important for her to use this feature or else I need to buy her a new phone.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a workaround for this issue? Will uninstalling and re-installing Here Drive help or a hard reset would do it?

Its very important for her to use this feature or else I need to buy her a new phone.

The Lumia 720 comes with HERE Drive NOT HERE Drive +. HERE Drive ONLY works in the country of the SIM that the phone was first set up with. You cannot use it in another country without factory resetting the phone and setting it up again with a new country-specific sim.

If this feature is crucial then you'll need to buy a Lumia 620, 820 or 920, all of which come with HERE Drive +, which works in any country. At the moment there is no way to upgrade from HERE Drive to HERE Drive +, but Nokia has indicated that this will be possible in the future. Currently there is no workaround for this issue. Another solution would be to have your wife download another navigation app from the Store and use that instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans