Lumia 720 not able to connect to Wi-Fi hotspot created on my laptop to access internet.

TorrentJunkie

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

I want to access internet on my Lumia 720 by creating a hotspot in my Windows 7 laptop.

I just bought Lumia 720(Black) a few days ago. Just 2 days back I told my friend to create a hotspot on his iPhone 4. I had to go to advanced in WiFi and add his SSID manually to access it. It worked and I was able to access internet. But yesterday it was able to connect to my friends hotspot and displayed this message: "Your phone couldn't connect reach the WiFi network ABC."

Yesterday night at home I created a hotspot on my laptop successfully. But when I tried to connect to it the following message was displayed: "Your phone couldn't connect to the WiFi network XYZ because there was no response from the network. Please try again later."

I've created hotspot on my laptop using all known methods out there. Created adhoc, used Connectify and Virtual Router Plus but the same message is displayed. My internet connection laptop is a secure Broadband(PPPoE) wired connection.

Help me out as soon as possible. I wanted to download a lot of apps this weekend as I am free :cry:

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I do this all the time and only virtual router work with smartphones.

here is how I do it:
open notepad
copy and paste this:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=WP8 key=password keyUsage=persistent
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

save it to .bat file and run as administrator

then you have to share you wired connection with the created virtual adapter (Local Area Connection xx)

and to stop it
create this .bat file:

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

let me know if it works

note: you should not connect to any wireless network when virtual router is running

TorrentJunkie

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I do this all the time and only virtual router work with smartphones.

here is how I do it:
open notepad
copy and paste this:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=WP8 key=password keyUsage=persistent
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

save it to .bat file and run as administrator

then you have to share you wired connection with the created virtual adapter (Local Area Connection xx)

and to stop it
create this .bat file:

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

let me know if it works

note: you should not connect to any wireless network when virtual router is running

I tried this approach too but no luck :cry:
The new connection created after running .bat file shows No Internet Access. Is that cool? Also what should be the IP Address of the Wireless connection? And Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is the Written below the Wireless Connection 38. Hope these details can give you something to solve my issue.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I forgot one thing.And yes you have to share your broadband internet connection with wireless connection 38 after you run .bat file (right click on broadband connection properties, sharing and choose wireless connection 38).After sharing you will get limited or no connectivity, just use the other .bat file to stop the virtual router and then start it again with the other .bat fileAlso I use a broadband connection but with a USB modem, its software and drivers create two connection one for the modem to communicate with pc and one for the computer to access the internet, I had the same problem but figured that I was using the wrong connection, as soon as I shared from the other connection I got internet working thru virtual router. If you are using a modem check the connection.

TorrentJunkie

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I forgot one thing.And yes you have to share your broadband internet connection with wireless connection 38 after you run .bat file (right click on broadband connection properties, sharing and choose wireless connection 38).After sharing you will get limited or no connectivity, just use the other .bat file to stop the virtual router and then start it again with the other .bat fileAlso I use a broadband connection but with a USB modem, its software and drivers create two connection one for the modem to communicate with pc and one for the computer to access the internet, I had the same problem but figured that I was using the wrong connection, as soon as I shared from the other connection I got internet working thru virtual router. If you are using a modem check the connection.

Its not working :(

TorrentJunkie

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried this approach too but no luck :cry:
The new connection created after running .bat file shows No Internet Access. Is that cool? Also what should be the IP Address of the Wireless connection? And Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is the Written below the Wireless Connection 38. Hope these details can give you something to solve my issue.

Can there be a issue due to the ISP of my wired connection?

muhammed yazeen

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
i bought my lumia a few days bak, tried connecting it to the wifi modem at home ...... It wont connect i use wifi to connect the same modem to my laptop and PS3 .....I have checked with WPA, WPA2 and also turning of encryption...

wqrsl

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
OK guys, found the solution to this Problem! :smile: I am using Lumia 800 and have windows 7 on my laptop. What i did was i went to 'Network and sharing centre', Clicked on my actual internet connection (which is giving my laptop internet) clicked 'Properties' > clicked 'Sharing' tab> clicked 'settings' button next to ICS (internet connection sharing) and then chequed all the boxes except 'Remote desktop', and clicked 'Apply' and closed it. Next i restarted the 'Virtual Router Manger 1.0', created a hotspot and this time, My lumia got connected to it!!! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)